Ketogenic/Adkins-esk

Options
Is anyone doing the Ketogenic diet? I guess that it is very similar to Adkins. Anyone? I am going to be starting this type of food plan the first of September and want/need some foodie pals. Anyone interested/doing it/have done it. Please friend me.:wink::flowerforyou:

Replies

• amankyra
    Options
    Congrats on being interested in getting healthier. I had begun doing atkins/primal eating on december 3rd of 2012 and have so far lost 85 pounds in 8 1/2 months. I have reached my halfway point in weight loss - 85 more to go - and am refocusing. I also could use the support and would love to be your food buddy. If you have any questions or just wanna chat, feel free to inbox me. And good luck!!

- Kyra
  • suprzonic
    suprzonic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi - I started a ketogenic diet last thursday. My diet is public if you want to check out what I'm doing. I'm going to stick at eating 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs until 30/9/13. It's early days yet - and my body could be in a honeymoon period - but i'm losing about 1pound a day - and not doing any exercise. I'll be experimenting with carbs and exercise after September (if I stall). If I'm still losing weight by then like I am now - well, "If it aint broke, I won't fix it!"