That last 5 pounds

Options
I want to lose that 5 so that I can be in a weight range that works well for me. Anyone have any good tips to help get off the last 5? I do boot camp workouts 5 days a week, eat around 2000 calories per day and try to incorporate a good amount of water in my diet.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale, weighing everything, and log it all?

If not, start there. You’re going to have to be very accurate to lose those last five pounds.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,456 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

The last five pounds. Yeah. Those are the hardest. How much did you lose before the last five? You basically just do the same thing, but it's harder because your deficit should be pretty small to lose at a healthy rate. And then, if you're human like some of us, you'll gain that five pounds back and lose it again and again. If you can manage to keep it to those "last five," though, you're doing pretty good!

How are you deciding what deficit to run? Are you pretty sure your estimates of calorie burn from boot camp are accurate? How will you approach maintenance when (not if) you do get those last five off and are at your goal?