Low Carb and pre Diabetes

Options
grentea
grentea Posts: 96 Member
I have a problem with too many carbs causing me to crash. I've been counting them and even 25g in one meal is causing me to crash. I'm now realizing that I probably have to cut out brown rice and wheat bread. I eat pretty healthy. I was thinking about lowering my carbs from around 150 grams to maybe half of that. Paleo eating seems like a good idea, but I don't really eat that much meat. I was actually getting ready to go vegetarian but I can't because of my blood sugar issues. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• crowefoot
    crowefoot Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you matching your carbs with a sizable amount of protein? I've found that I do best at a 1:1 ratio (or higher) of protein to carbs. I just saw my dietician and reset my goals to about 120g carbs and 140g protein a day. You might check in with a health professional and see what they think.
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If that few carbs are messing with you that much, you should check in with your doctor again. I recently had a close family member diagnosed with type II, and he has 60 carbs or less per meal.

25 causing problems means you probably should be on some different meds....