back on mfp

i am back on mfp after taking a break. looking for supportive people to friend.
send me a friend request

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    Welcome back!

Now that you're here, what are your goals, and what is your plan to achieve them?

If you are looking for supportive people, I will shamelessly plug a group I am involved with that is full of good people and has small weekly and ongoing challenges to make the journey fun. Look for "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off."
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    I am not being rude when I ask this, but I hear this all too often "I took a break" what do you mean you took a break? from what, being healthy? from eating the proper amounts? again my intentions are not to upset anyone I just want people to change their mindsets about health and fitness, this is not optional, it should be the other way around, you eat healthy and you exercise and when you take a break you go on vacation and you don't exercise for a week and you eat sweets and fats and what ever you want, then you come back from break and get back to living your proper life style. Before you hate me and think I am a jerk, I will tell you this, the second this clicks with any of you like it has with some people I know the second you will be on your way to success like they have. It's just such an important state of mind to be in and realize you only have one go at it, only one life, only one body, so take care of it 24/7 for yourself for your family for your friends.
  • a_ross94291
    a_ross94291 Posts: 7 Member
    i did not take a break from being healthy . i took a break from myfitnesspal to use another app. i have lost 25lbs and have been working on my goals. i just did not like the other app and the lack of support there so that is what i meant when i took a break
  • a_ross94291
    a_ross94291 Posts: 7 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Welcome back!

Now that you're here, what are your goals, and what is your plan to achieve them?

If you are looking for supportive people, I will shamelessly plug a group I am involved with that is full of good people and has small weekly and ongoing challenges to make the journey fun. Look for "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off."

thank you ! my goals are to lose 40 lbs by my 30th birthday. i am working with a dietician and i am tracking my food and working out as much as i can. i am also working closely with a thearpist because i suffer from an eating disorder.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Welcome back!

It came up that MFP is currently "broken," and you aren't able to join the group on your own.

If you want to join, post a message here, and I'll make sure you get an invitation. Then you just have to accept the invitation. I hope they fix this issue soon.