Cheat meal - what’s your poison?

Options
I’ll try and go all week on strict diet then pick an evening meal to have what I want.

Pizza, Chinese, are my top choices with as many haribos as I can stomach after. I find This good for my soul and doesn’t effect my progress.

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Homemade alfredo sauce on pasta and a slab of cake and one or two times per week does not affect my progress, either.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i had chinese for dinner and lunch today and still stayed within my calories. and I imagine you get a lot more calories than I do LMAO

• Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I’m a sucker for mexican food. All the chips, salsa, and a huge margarita. 🤷‍♀️
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I’ve been craving a TGIFriday’s Jack Daniels chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries. 1200 calories in one meal. And I need a Long Island Iced Tea to go with.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I don't plan cheat meals - but on rare occasions, pizza just HAPPENS.
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    did somebody say Tacos, hold on lemme git my pants!
  • yasminekassis613
    yasminekassis613 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Definitely pizza!
    American Chinese would be second for sure.
    But always and forever pizza, preferably thin crust wood stove 🤤🤤🤤
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be fried chicken, until I figured out how to fit in my calorie goal. You know, with mashed potatoes and fried okra and Cole slaw and cornbread. Now with mashed potatoes OR fried okra OR Cole slaw OR cornbread, all in smaller amounts.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    AnnPT777- I am much like your description. I don't really have "cheat meals", there will be times I may want something then fit it in my daily calories. Special occasions I will plan something, like a holiday or my birthday.

When I do it is (Vegan and Gluten Free) cheesecake, Cookie dough, Peanut butter or any nut butter (in a large amount). lol
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    My position is: I log what I eat, therefore I do not cheat.

Ditto. "Cheat" meals leas me down a bad path mentally. Since I'm in loss mode, some days I eat at maintenance just for a break and that's about as far as it goes. On those days, it tends to be a blizzard or some type of takeout (curry, naan, and samosas...mmm...)
  • MarttaHP
    MarttaHP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'll eat a whole loaf of bread... I love bread, eat a slice every day within my calorie limits. But I don't find it very filling for the amount of calories, so I will indulge occasionally and eat a whole friggin thing.

(Plus my stomach can't handle the common bread grains like wheat and barley so I couldn't eat this way very often for that reason either. I'll be bloated and gassy and uncomfortable the next day.)
  • kevchenk01
    kevchenk01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I whole loaf, that’s mad 😂 you must really love bread.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    MarttaHP wrote: »
    I'll eat a whole loaf of bread... I love bread, eat a slice every day within my calorie limits. But I don't find it very filling for the amount of calories, so I will indulge occasionally and eat a whole friggin thing.

(Plus my stomach can't handle the common bread grains like wheat and barley so I couldn't eat this way very often for that reason either. I'll be bloated and gassy and uncomfortable the next day.)

Wow!! Plain?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Lou Malnatis Deep dish Pizza and a couple Pitchers of beer!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider it a cheat per sei...but Friday nights are usually either pizza night or New Mexican carryout night...usually the 1/2 pan of red chile chicken enchiladas (18 rolled enchiladas) with a pint of rice and a pint of beans and chips and salsa. Both provide for leftovers...the enchiladas are usually good for a couple of lunches each for my wife and I.

Opting for pizza tonight...we're about enchiladad out as it is a good carryout option when you have guests...so we had it the Saturday after Christmas with my wife's parents, and then again when my sister and her husband came to visit on New Years day.
  • MarttaHP
    MarttaHP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    MarttaHP wrote: »

Wow!! Plain?

Well, I do spread some margarine on that sucker (and usually toast it). But no other toppings to distract from the delicious breadiness. o:)