Just need to rant...

Hey Y'all,
It's my umpthteen time on this program. I know it works. I also know weight loss isn't linear, that I didn't put on weight overnight so I can't expect it to go overnight - nor should I assume the 2lb gain yesterday is fat as it obviously isn't - just water weight... but...
I am so d4mn tired of stalled weight loss. Fluctuating around the same number for days on end, then the blasted 2lb gain today. I know it's probably water weight. I know this.
But do you ever get those days when, no matter what has actually happened that day, you just want to cry? Like, the kettle lid wasn't on properly. Apparently to my frayed nerves that was the end of the flippin world!
This 2lb gain... ffs... I could just do with some good news you know? I can't control the virus, I can't control the American shenanigans (I'm English, living in the UK - I don't know why I care so much, but I do!), I can't control my job or its future. I CAN control what I put in my mouth (log accurately and religiously). I CAN make sure I exercise, even if it's not my preferred exercise. I just - apparently - can't loose weight.
Don't worry. I shall continue to log, to exercise, to practice yoga and self love (even when I don't feel it!) I just wanted somewhere to put all this down where peeps would understand.
Where ever you are, and what ever you're doing, have a great day and thanks for reading and understanding. :smile:

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Yes to so much of that. I found that weighing daily didn't work for me. The fluctuations are just too much. I've decided on a really slow rate of loss, like you. So I'm not weighing myself until I'm 10-12 weeks into this process. And I'm not doing the math of what that number "should" be, other than "lower."

The out of control feeling is real. You're not the only one. My dreams are being re-invaded by strangeness, which I don't appreciate. I can't even control what's going on my movie reel when I sleep!

Hang in there. Keep doing what you're doing. Tweak something if you need to. And as long as the rant makes you feel better, it's better than stress eating a box of doughnuts! :wink:
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 172 Member
    I totally feel the same! I miss the gym so much that last night I had dreams of attending my mom's gym (about 4.5 hours away), but then panicking because there's too many people crowding and the locker wouldn't work and I couldn't shower.

I seem to have A lot of gym dreams these nights and in them I'm trying to get to my workout but can't. There tends to also be absndoned/closing stores that I'm in trying desperately to find something, but not knowing what it is.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Vent away!

It's really important for me to say or write what I'm thinking and feeling- even if it's just to bathroom mirror or private journal.

Sometimes the act of trying to out into words what's stewing around in my brain helps me see it in a new way and maybe even find a solution, and other times just getting it out there helps me let it go
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Thanks for the support guys. I thought I'd just pop back here and let you know that I've started losing weight again! Turned out that upping my protein intake and overall calories (3/4 to all rather than 1/2 my fitbit estimates) has been enough to start the drop again. I'll give it a month then review whether to continue using FBs estimates or cut back again. :-)
  • Yes to all that you said! I know ALL the rules about what's supposed to work and what doesn't. And I mostly follow them, now that I'm back on that wagon. And I'm mostly sanguine about the non-linearity of the scale. But flippin' heck it's annoying.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    I hate motivational memes. Only children would actually find them inspiring. They're condescending to anyone with adult intelligence.
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    I hate motivational memes. Only children would actually find them inspiring. They're condescending to anyone with adult intelligence.

Be a lover, not a hater.

(did that help?)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member

what? like this?

qtyafs70g5cs.jpg

or this?

6f7zj22jbzs3.jpg

or this one?

ru0yzfl2g04i.png

sorry, couldn't resist LOL :P

• HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    calls - made me smile despite my dark mood. And remember: reach for the moon...if you don't hit it you might still reach the stars!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    :D:D:lol:
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    Are these any better?
    1j6emwqgm3cv.jpg

sq0cic8ajooe.jpeg

otvp7eaezztx.jpeg
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    @KickassAmazon76 Thanks for the laugh!