Hey Everyone!

Options
I have been on my fitness pal for a few years now, been on and off it. My weight is all over the place and I need some motivation.
Feel free to add me! :smile:

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I get motivated by thinking about some of the goals I have set and how I'm slowly working towards them.

What goals are you setting for yourself? What are your plans for using MFP to get working on them?
  • Alice1994xx
    Alice1994xx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for the welcome!

That's good :) I have been up and down with my motivation. I don't think the pandemic is helping at all.

I am trying to cut down on caffeine and drink a lot more water, as well as exercise more.. but with all the gyms and swimming pools shut its so hard. So I need to find an alternative. I love walking, so this week I'm going to try and focus on doing more of that.
    I am getting better with the calorie counting.. I do have the occasional treat.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    The pools and gyms will open again eventually. Keep your optimism about that.

Water is a great tool. Most folks are probably not getting enough, although some seem to go overboard and drink way too much. Moderation; that's key. Same with the occasional treat, or even regular treat. If it fits in your plan, it's OK to indulge a little bit.

Walking is also great. It's good for my head as well as my body. It's a slower pace than even riding a bike. It encourages me to notice what's around me. I like to walk in forested places, and I'm fortunate there's some around. But even in the neighborhood, there's birds and plants, and even now in the middle of winter there's evidence of the coming spring. Daffodils are sending up shoots. Trees and shrubs have buds getting fatter. I even saw a Galanthus (snowdrop) blooming in a pot the other day! These little things help me get through the drudgery.

Stick to it, success awaits!
  • 963Nitro
    963Nitro Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome back again! A boomerang here myself!

Gyms and pools being closed does suck. Might I suggest discovering a new love? I know it helps to pivot and adapt to something new you might enjoy, or haven't tried yet?

Anyway, remember to just keep logging, and reach out for help when you need it! You got my support!