Disabled friends

Options
Hi, I’d love to find more physically disabled friends to share my weight loss journey with.
I’m Steph, 32 from the UK
I have EDS (Ehler Danlos syndrome). Tarsal coalitions (partly fused ankles) and CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome)
I can manage short walks on my good days but am prone to pain flare ups which vary in severity.
I’ve managed to lose 41 pounds in the last 11 months through just my diet, but the last 7 pounds are proving hard to shift.
Feel free to send me a friend request. =)

Replies

• turnersusan21
    turnersusan21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 73 but have always been young at heart and active but my health has declined and I can hardly walk anymore let alone walk.I had back surgery years ago but it has failed now and i have chronic severe back pain and now I also have heart problems and had 3 stents placed,i've been very depressed due to being unable to be the active person Ionce was and I've gained alot of weight.I know if I don't lose weight it will kill me,I have to do this.
  • CrazyComicLady
    CrazyComicLady Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 73 but have always been young at heart and active but my health has declined and I can hardly walk anymore let alone walk.I had back surgery years ago but it has failed now and i have chronic severe back pain and now I also have heart problems and had 3 stents placed,i've been very depressed due to being unable to be the active person Ionce was and I've gained alot of weight.I know if I don't lose weight it will kill me,I have to do this.

I’m so sorry to hear about your failed back surgery. I had sympathectomy injections in mine years ago which was a disaster and left me with nerve damage in my right side. I piled on a lot of weight after that. Pain is one of the most depressing things to have to deal with on a daily basis. I’ve been struggling with it since I was 7. Hang in there, your not alone =)