HELLO EVERYONE!

BEAPALMER
BEAPALMER Posts: 5
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I AM BEA, HOPING TO LOSE 40 POUNDS BY THE TIME MY DAUGHTER GET BACK FROM KOSOVO TO SURPRISE HER! I AM HOPING THIS SITE WILL HELP. I HAVE A WEAKNESS FOR SWEETS, HOPING I CAN CONTROL THAT PROLBEM SOON.:bigsmile: ANY TIPS OUT THERE FOR LOW CALORIE TREATS?

Replies

• I AM BEA, HOPING TO LOSE 40 POUNDS BY THE TIME MY DAUGHTER GET BACK FROM KOSOVO TO SURPRISE HER! I AM HOPING THIS SITE WILL HELP. I HAVE A WEAKNESS FOR SWEETS, HOPING I CAN CONTROL THAT PROLBEM SOON.:bigsmile: ANY TIPS OUT THERE FOR LOW CALORIE TREATS?
  • lietee
    lietee Posts: 189 Member
    Welcome Bea! And good luck i want to loose 40 more lbs myself :)
  • THANKS, AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Welcome! I'm a fan of sugar free fudgecicles in the summer for sweet, or carmel rice cakes. Summer is a great time for yummy sweet fruit!!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Cut up an apple and put it in a plastic baggie, add a little splenda and a little cinnamon. It tastes like apple pie! For a hot treat wrap the apple mix in foil and bake until tender! It tastes like pie but has the calories of an apple! Who can beat that!
  • I have thing for chocolate and I recently found out that simple sugars increase your appetite. I was eating so much chocolate everyday and I was always hungry. So I cut out all simple sugars, meaning white bread, white rice, fruit, chocolate, etc. and my appetite has gone way down. So, I know that wasn't the advice you were asking for, but I thought I would share that. Because when I was eating sugar, it was like the more I ate, the more I wanted it. Now i'm fine. I took up drinking tea--for me that was a life saver. I drink mine plain but a friend said that when she wants something sweet she adds a little honey and it satisfies that craving for her.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you! I totally agree with the apples and cinnamon!!! Yummy!!!
  • become28
    become28 Posts: 12
    What a great idea to surprise your daughter!!! I too, am a sweets addict! My new love is frozen yogurt! Not nearly as bad as ice cream, but tastes pretty much the same to me! I'm gonna hafta try that apple idea...:tongue: Good luck!
  • :smile: Helo I'm Rico I have about 80 lbs to loose and am looking forward to discussing things here to learn more about wt. loss..this is great...
  • arnoldj
    arnoldj Posts: 1
    Hey rico your only 80lbs.:bigsmile:
  • :bigsmile: Thanks everyone, you all had great suggestions. That will give me somewhere to start and maybe I can leave the Chocolate and sweets behind!
  • :flowerforyou: Rico, Good Luck to you!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I have thing for chocolate and I recently found out that simple sugars increase your appetite. I was eating so much chocolate everyday and I was always hungry. So I cut out all simple sugars, meaning white bread, white rice, fruit, chocolate, etc. and my appetite has gone way down. So, I know that wasn't the advice you were asking for, but I thought I would share that. Because when I was eating sugar, it was like the more I ate, the more I wanted it. Now i'm fine. I took up drinking tea--for me that was a life saver. I drink mine plain but a friend said that when she wants something sweet she adds a little honey and it satisfies that craving for her.

I totally agree. One thing I have found is agava nectar. It makes me think of honey but does not have the affects on your blood sugar like sugars do. I do love frozen yogurt. Welcome and good luck :happy:
This discussion has been closed.