Rebounding/Trampoline work outs?

Hey!
So I've recently been interested in the use of a rebounder or trampoline for a form of cardio. Has anyone had good results with this method? I've read it is more effective than running.

Interested to know if anyone has any success stories!

Replies

• lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited January 2021
    I started rebounding two weeks ago & am really enjoying it. My exercise bike remains my primary cardio tool, but the rebounder is nice as a secondary tool for a 20 minute after-dinner pick-me-up workout. There's almost an infinite variety of things you can do on it, ranging all the way from just sort of mindless bouncing while watching TV and walking in place, to much more aggressive moves that will drench you in sweat. That's in my mind the big upside - that it's so easy to modulate your intensity level to whatever you want it to be. Definitely hits the core and some muscles that are hard to otherwise hit - balance muscles and the like. Plus, it's just fun to bounce around!! My app gives me 600 cals/hr for bouncing, but I think that's a vast overestimate. My HR-based app says my 20 minute workouts are worth 140-150 calories and that seems more sane. Any way you cut it, rebounding is a fat melter.

There's a huge plethora of rebounding videos on Youtube, ranging from beginner to advanced. I recommend checking those out. I'm still just toying around with beginner moves, but I can see that in time I'll want to try more advanced ones, the latter of which will give you moved more competitive with running as a workout. These vids will give you lots of ideas of what you can do with your rebounder.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    lgfrie wrote: »
    I started rebounding two weeks ago & am really enjoying it. My exercise bike remains my primary cardio tool, but the rebounder is nice as a secondary tool for a 20 minute after-dinner pick-me-up workout. There's almost an infinite variety of things you can do on it, ranging all the way from just sort of mindless bouncing while watching TV and walking in place, to much more aggressive moves that will drench you in sweat. That's in my mind the big upside - that it's so easy to modulate your intensity level to whatever you want it to be. Definitely hits the core and some muscles that are hard to otherwise hit - balance muscles and the like. Plus, it's just fun to bounce around!! My app gives me 600 cals/hr for bouncing, but I think that's a vast overestimate. My HR-based app says my 20 minute workouts are worth 140-150 calories and that seems more sane. Any way you cut it, rebounding is a fat melter.

There's a huge plethora of rebounding videos on Youtube, ranging from beginner to advanced. I recommend checking those out. I'm still just toying around with beginner moves, but I can see that in time I'll want to try more advanced ones, the latter of which will give you moved more competitive with running as a workout. These vids will give you lots of ideas of what you can do with your rebounder.

i keep seeing similar posts to yours and it makes me want one but then I wonder if id actually USE it.

i have no idea LOL
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I canNOT recommend rebounding enough! It is indeed a miraculous fat-melter.

It's slimmed away my saddlebags and thighs (lifelong trouble spots) and it is very kind to the joints. I've lost ~30kg since May 2020 using the rebounder as my sole source of exercise. It's also greatly improved my balance. The muscles on the sides of my thighs now feel like steel!

I started with just 5 minutes a day. Now I work out for at least 30 minutes per day - alternating between a high jog-in-place and a few other more challenging moves. I haven't ever plain ol' jumped up and down on it - but you certainly can if you'd like.

MFP doesn't offer a rebounder option in the exercise menu - so I've been using "jogging in place." Like many other MFP listed calorie burn rates, the number seems a little over-optimistic - but that hasn't stopped me from getting some absolutely glorious results. Go get thee a rebounder NOW!

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    One of my cousins has one (she's in her 60s) and uses it religiously. She loves it and she's pretty dang fit. I want to try one too, before I buy one. Low/non impact is a must for me. WHEN will my pool open??? :cry: