Here I go again

Angela937
Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
edited January 2021 in Motivation and Support
Back when I first started my weight loss journey in 2014, I weighed 310 pounds. I began counting calories, eliminated simple carbs, and worked out every day. I lost 45 pounds in 10 weeks, and then I slipped on ice and broke my ankle. I gained everything back during recovery. For the next 3 years I had marital issues that led to divorce. Finally in 2017 I got a job that kept me extremely active, walking 25000 steps (yes thats right twenty five thousand!) a day. I started eating healthy again, and lost 85 pounds. By mid July of 2018 I was down to 210 pounds. Then I tore my rotator cuff and had to quit my job. I spiraled into depression and sort of gave up on everything for awhile. Well my whole family and I are determined we will get ourselves healthy. I am now starting at 273 pounds, and am very frustrated that I used to be so much smaller. But I am also determined to get back to that size, and even smaller. I know it will take a lot of time, but I am back at it again.

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Did you injure yourself each time doing an extreme exercise? Curious.. seems like the injuries are tripping you up.. (pardon the pun). Stay on track and see if there is a pattern to your injuries and try to make a correction.
  • 963Nitro
    963Nitro Posts: 82 Member
    You are here and that is what matters. Stay focused! you have support, and can totally do this. Exercise helps a ton, but knowing what is going into your body and how much can get you back on track in no time! (even with injuries) Welcome!
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Did you injure yourself each time doing an extreme exercise? .

No, the broken ankle came from going outside on my way to a baby shower (I live in Michigan and it was March.) The rotator cuff tear came from an accident at my job, lifting 50 pound bumpers and carrying them around.