i just love avocados. you guys have any good recipes?

Replies

• ben_100
    ben_100 Posts: 70 Member

ewww that looked so good - but I have to watch the sugar and that maple syrup would not be good - have you tried this with an artificial sweetner?
  • GinaMarieMG
    GinaMarieMG Posts: 2 Member
    Sunday777 wrote: »
    These recipes sound good but do you actually spread it on bread? I thought I was supposed to stay off bread completely.
    These recipes sound good but do you actually spread it on bread? I thought I was supposed to stay off bread completely.

• GinaMarieMG
    GinaMarieMG Posts: 2 Member
    I add guacamole seasoning with lemon juice. Mash everything up and I put on whole wheat toast
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    this is a way to use it cold...

Some years we have a LOT of avocado, and like zucchini or tomatoes in the midwest, we annoy our friends and neighbors by trying to gift them some fruit. We just had a wind storm and 40 or more of them were on the ground. After dumping them on our friends, I tried to think of something creative to do with them. ICE CREAM!!

1 quart heavy whipping cream
    1 pint half and half
    2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
    1 8oz can of sweetened, condensed coconut milk (this is easy to find in Hawaii….but probably also found in an Asian grocery)
    1/3 cup sugar

Puree together all ingredients, chill for several hours then pour into your ice cream maker (usually about $25.00 at Wally World) and churn according to directions. This made about 1/2 gallon of ice cream.
  • cheriewesson
    cheriewesson Posts: 1 Member
    amgv0x6stn2v.jpeg
    Smoked salmon and avocado wrapped in roasted seaweed. Optional: add some thinly sliced cucumber sticks
  • Sassifrass76
    Sassifrass76 Posts: 21 Member
    been having this every day lately, adding a little salt and pepper on the avocado, layer it tortilla, lettuce, chicken, avocado, salt and pepper and then mayo and just wrap it up.

10ytt1apf8xp.png
  • DyneSalcar
    DyneSalcar Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2021
    Mix 2 diced avocados, 1 diced mango, juice from 1 lime, diced cilantro, a little chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Serve over fish or chicken. Makes an excellent fish taco! Also just salt and pepper or lemon juice on an avocado and eat with a spoon.
  • JaneOhlman
    JaneOhlman Posts: 1 Member
    I have two possibilities you can try:

1)
    In green goddess salad dressing : 1 T lemon juice, 1 T water, 2 t dried tarragon, 1/4 c mayo, 1/2 c avocado, 1/4 c sour cream (you can go light or no fat on this one), 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley, 1 garlic clove, 1 anchovy fillet rinsed, salt and pepper. Soak the tarragon in the lemon juice and water for 15 min. Then everything goes in a blender.

2)
    Avocado Mango Salad: 4 servings :
    dressing -
    2 c. lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, 4 scallions roughly chopped, 2 medium garlic cloves peeled, 1 habanero stemmed and seeded, salt and pepper, 1 t lime zest, 1/4 c lime juice, 1/4 c oil of your choice.
    Process in blender or food processor until smooth.
    salad -
    2 15 oz ripe mangos peeled pitted thinly sliced, 2 avocados, 1 c grape tomatoes, halved.
    Marinade mango in 3 T dressing for 30 min. Place in serving dish. Lay avocados on top and drizzle a little dressing and salt on top. Put tomatoes in marinade bowl and coat with 1 T of dressing. Scatter over mangoes and avocados. Serve with remainder of dressing.
  • Shora1980
    Shora1980 Posts: 13 Member
    1 Avocado
    1 banana
    1 cup of milk
    Blend it in the blender.
    My favourite drink.
  • spiritlevel9
    spiritlevel9 Posts: 48 Member
    I blend one with 100-150mls of plant based milk, a teaspoon of cacao, teaspoon of maca powder and a small dash of maple syrup. I have this as a breakfast smoothie although it has a thicker consistency almost like angel delight.

I also blend avocado, lemon juice, garlic and basil to stir through pasta dishes.
  • sailor789
    sailor789 Posts: 33 Member
    a breakfast go to:

https://cookeatpaleo.com/paleo-key-lime-pie-smoothie/
    kfgbe27o9ufy.png

Ingredients
    ▢1 cup coconut milk
    ▢1 cup ice
    ▢½ avocado
    ▢zest and juice of 2 limes
    ▢stevia, local raw honey, maple syrup or sweetener of choice, to taste
    Instructions
    Add coconut milk, ice, avocado, lime zest, lime juice, and honey to Vitamix or blender. Blend until smooth.
    Notes
    For keto: use stevia for sweetener
    For vegan: use maple syrup or stevia for sweetener
    Nutrition
    Calories: 242kcal Carbohydrates: 8g Protein: 2g Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 14mg Potassium: 396mg Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Vitamin A: 50IU Vitamin C: 11.6mg Calcium: 17mg Iron: 1.5mg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    I love to eat avocado and tomatoes on Ezekiel bread toast, topped with everything but the bagel seasoning. The best thing ever!
    Also, make a salad (cucumber, tomato, red pepper, black beans, feta, one whole lime and baby greens chopped up very small, or add cilantro). It's so good and refreshing for dinner.
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,015 Member
    Not really a recipe, but I cut an avocado in half, add a small scoop of cottage cheese where the seed was removed and a dash of black pepper.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    We had some leftover mi cuit salmon and alioli from a weekend dinner party at our place, and a ripe avocado that needed using. Made a pretty good salad.
    iukczpm4dcwt.jpeg
  • crackon20
    crackon20 Posts: 20 Member
    I love avocado with just balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil. Yum.
  • MerryFit519
    MerryFit519 Posts: 43 Member
    mash it up, stir in a little vinegar (or a lot, I love vinegar lol)..some garlic, salt/pepper and use in tossed salad as dressing. Also mashed, with dill (or dill relish), lemon juice and a little onion makes fabulous tartar sauce for my broiled fish. :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    On Masterchef Australia I saw a new way of using avocado. Freeze it and grate it onto other foods.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited June 2021
    Made a dressing last night with avocado. Juice of around 6 fresh limes, some monk fruit/erythritol sweetener (could use honey or maple syrup or sugar) -- around 1/3 of a cup, tsp salt, 1/4 cup cilantro (can use stems too), a clove or two of fresh garlic, one deseeded jalapeno, 1/2 of a fresh, ripe avocado, 1/2 or so cup of water, a TBS or so of EVOO (Olive Oil) and around a tsp of Psyllium powder (great thickener for dressings to reduce amount of oil).

Put it over a Mexican Chicken Salad w/ Romaine (chopped fine), lots of chopped cilantro, black beans (rinsed and drained), red and yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes, more avocado, some fresh corn right off the cob, some chickpea spicy salad toppers (Simple Truth -- Frys or Krogers) that are gluten free that we love and some cooked, diced chicken breast. Just a touch of Mexican cheese (we like Queso Anejo, which is the drier cheese that's similar to parmesan) over the top. Makes a great Summer salad.