Focused on new weight loss plan

Hello everyone, my name is Rashunah Tarver, I'm a full time Paralegal, work long hours seat all day, and I'm single, not married and don't have kids. I love to engage in hobbies outdoors and I often love to watch an action packed movie or comedy movie. After recently having my 39th birthday, I realized I need to get my weight under control, its been six months and I've gained another 10 pounds. I can't do it by myself any longer and need help. I have never been this weight size ever in my life. I want to get my weight in control, cause it don't feel good at all being out of control at the moment. I will have to stop a lot of bad habits with eating certain type of meals, and I have to start immediately cooking food at home instead of eating out, although I wasn't eating the worst food out, but its still more calories eating out. I have big plans for my life this year 2021 and 2022 and of course my future depends on my health so yes I want to be healthy, in full control of my weight, and hopefully I can accomplish my weight loss goals.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    You can! But it will take some patience and persistance to get there!

A good place to start is to just start logging, if you dont have one get a cheap food scale so you can weight things and make sure your portions are in check. You can see where you are now, and start making changes to work towards meeting your calorie goal.

If you find you have questions or need help along the way there are lots of great people here who can help out. There are also lots of great threads in the Challege section if you want to jump in and start interacting with others.

• forlaura
    forlaura Posts: 27 Member
    Hi, Rashunah,

I liked what you said and can relate! I am a stay at home caregiver, back at it after losing an initial 40 pounds, I set myself back 15, now 5 from where I was last. Another 40 to go, and I am more determined than ever. I am cooking 90% of my meals and even have dessert sometimes...gotta keep that one under wraps, ha.
    Control is an important factor, and I have found that surrendering to the process and accepting things as they are helps me feel less out of control. Easier said than done, I know.
    If you don't mind, I'll friend you, it's nice to have like minds around!

Best to you, here's to a brand new year of progress!

Laura