Help - need to start morning workouts!

Options
So...I have come to the conclusion that in order for me to get workouts in on a regular basis, I need to start my days off with a workout. Right now I get up between 5:30/6 and I start work at 7.
What are some tricks that have worked for you to stop hitting the snooze button and get up and get moving?

Looking for encouraging friends to help me reach my goal. Feel free to add me as a friend, but please include something about you.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No tricks for me...I just made myself get up and it ultimately became habit. I ultimately decided it wasn't worth it because my workouts/training early in the morning just sucked performance wise. I still get up every morning and I go for a walk...but I can't really do a very effective workout. I can get up and look forward to my walk with my travel mug of coffee.

Performance wise I do better later in the day...this usually means in the early evening after work except for weekends when I can do mid morning.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Fall asleep earlier.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I just did it. Laid out my gym clothes the night before, had breakfast/lunch/work clothes packed and ready to go.

When I had to be to work at 7:00, my alarm went off at 3:45 to be to the gym by 4:30. Work out for 1.5 hours, shower and change at the gym and go to work. To make this happen, I went to bed at 7:45 p.m.