Love Handles Removing Exercises?

Options
My love handles have really been bugging me for the past few years and i'm looking for some good exercises to help tone that area.

I've been doing some cardio with a decent diet but just can't seem to bring down the fat from there.

Thanks. :)

Replies

• CatMou5
    CatMou5 Posts: 12
    Options
    You need to incorporate strength training if you want to reduce your bodyfat percentage, which will reduce your love handles. When you do cardio only you lose fat and muscle, essentially becoming a smaller version of your same body shape. When you eat a calorie deficit and lift weights a greater proportion of your weight loss comes from fat. This means you are actually recompositioning your body. Getting rid of the love handles is a matter of retaining/building muscle and reducing your body fat percentage. Lifting weights is essential to achieving this goal.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You need to incorporate strength training if you want to reduce your bodyfat percentage, which will reduce your love handles. When you do cardio only you lose fat and muscle, essentially becoming a smaller version of your same body shape. When you eat a calorie deficit and lift weights a greater proportion of your weight loss comes from fat. This means you are actually recompositioning your body. Getting rid of the love handles is a matter of retaining/building muscle and reducing your body fat percentage. Lifting weights is essential to achieving this goal.

Summed it up nicely in one go.

You can obviously do some body weight exercises like planks, crunches, sit-ups, medicine ball twists, leg raises etc to build muscle in the mid section.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

This ^^
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Pushing yourself away from the table.
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Will doing strength training as well as cardio help get rid of fat on lower back?

I've lost weight before and have the usual love handles, but however much I lose, I can't shift it from my back and have the muffin top all around my waist and hips. It's easy to make your tummy look a bit flatter by breathing in, but that doesn't make any difference to my back.

I can't get to a gym, so all I have to work with are hand weights, dvds (currently doing 30 day shred) and a stationary bike.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Will doing strength training as well as cardio help get rid of fat on lower back?

I've lost weight before and have the usual love handles, but however much I lose, I can't shift it from my back and have the muffin top all around my waist and hips. It's easy to make your tummy look a bit flatter by breathing in, but that doesn't make any difference to my back.

I can't get to a gym, so all I have to work with are hand weights, dvds (currently doing 30 day shred) and a stationary bike.

Can we just clarify this:

LIFTING WEIGHTS DOES NOT ACTUALLY GET RID OF FAT. THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF FAT IS TO BE IN A CALORIC DEFICIT.

Also losing weight does not equal losing body fat.
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    Sideway plank
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options