Question about Vitamins

Options
I take a daily dose vitamin every morning, is that something i should be putting into the app? And if so...where do you enter that info?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,047 Member
    Options
    Some people log them like a food. If you like, you can add a custom section to your diary just for vitamins and such. Personally, I don't bother. I do take some supplements (mainly things my doctors have recommended, but I plan those based on my understanding of my average daily needs).

In practice, MFP doesn't do a great job tracking micronutrients - not because of the app itself, but because the food database is crowd-sourced and the necessary info isn't on most food labels, so it's missing from most database entries. If there are specific micros I'm concerned about, I'll spot check a couple of typical days against a more authoritative source (like the USDA database) or look up "foods rich in X micronutrient" and see if I'm eating enough of those things to hit the minimums.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I don’t count them, but I use MFP for just the Macros. Vitamins do have a few calories, but they are one thing that even if I’m not losing, I’m not going to cut back on them, I’m going to look for other areas in my diet to adjust, and everything else gets logged.