Fail and give up so easy 😞

Hi all

My name is Kelly, I’m single mum to 4 kids and work full time for the NHS. I live in Surrey just outside of London.

I have been on some form of diet for so long and want this to be successful and the last.

I have a fair bit of weight to lose. Approximately 7 stone and seem to have a blip and then throw the towel in so quick.

I need to lose this and would love to find buddies along the way.

Tips and anything you can offer would be appreciated

πŸ™‚

Kelly

Replies

• karl05_
    karl05_ Posts: 91 Member
    Just starting up again myself , feel free to add me .
    One step at a time , you will get there 😊
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,376 Member
    What the others said: Don't go for quick and all or nothing. Set a lower rate of loss and stick with that. Say 1lbs per week? That means you eat 500 calories less per day. Is that still too much? Chose a rare of loss of 0.5lbs per week, which is 250 calories less. While it sounds like you might be doing this forever just imagine you'd done that a year ago. Even with the lowest loss rate you'd have lost around 25lbs now. Slow and steady always wins the race, also when it comes to weight loss.

What you could also do: Try to find lunches for work that you like, that keep you full and that are easy to prepare. bring them along to work. This way you're in control of how many calories you eat even if you can't measure your intake at that moment.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    You can do this. You have good advice to make it as easy as possible. One thing I am doing is losing at a painfully slow rate (painful mentally and emotionally). I used to be all in, and wonder why my body wouldn't respond as quickly as my mind did. I'm working at losing .5 lb/week. Because of that slooow rate, I have stopped weighing myself. It's going to be masked (either good or bad) by weekly fluctuations. I'm taking this journey 90 days a a time. I'll weigh after the first 10-12 weeks and see where I am. I still might not see much of a difference, but the time will pass whether or not I start chipping away at it.

Make tiny, easy changed that you can live with. Long term, they'll have a major impact :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    9hqrn5qcxhp2.jpg