Come on, just one bite!

Options
2»

Replies

• deemariec
    Options
    I just say no. Plain and simple because I'll be the one regretting it in the morning and they won't think twice about it.
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I hate when people keep harping on this type of thing!

"One cookie won't kill you! It's just one cookie!" or any variation thereof.

No shxt, one cookie won't kill me, bu that's not the point.

For what it's worth, I haven't had any cookies, cakes, ice cream, candy bars, etc, etc for going on three years now (I do get chocolaty goodness from protein shakes, though, but those are utility meals). Could you imagine egging a recovering alcoholic on and on about having JUST ONE drink?

wow, 3 years without all those treats ?!? kudos to you !!!

Haha, thanks. As someone said earlier in the thread, I can't just eat one bite/cookie. I usually eat the entire package before I know what happened. So I would just as soon not eat it at all. I mean, I've eaten it all before, so I KNOW what it tastes like, but none of it is worth going down that slippery slope again.

And like I said, my shakes keep me satisfied....though I do sometimes dream about eating sweets/candy...it's usually bowls of M&Ms.
  • johnrossmckay
    johnrossmckay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It gets easier to say no after a while. I just tell them I already ate. I refused pizza at a going away party yesterday. But I stayed and chatted and told them it looked good but I can't handle the fat and sodium right now. Good natured, light...it got me through.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Once again I cannot help but be thankful for the circle of people around me. This has never ever happened to me. The second I started posting my stats on FB, every single person from mere aquantance to best-friends and family have been nothing but awesome and supportive.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    Live in the US. Coworkers seem to understand when I tell them I'm a carb addict (it's true) and that I need to stay on the wagon. It's like it was said above, they wouldn't dream of pushing drugs on a drug addict, or booze on an alcoholic.

Some folks still make a point to offer, but totally understand when I smile and say no thanks. They just don't want to cut me out. They're being nice. I like it.

To the people who don't get it (they want others to join in to make THEM feel less guilty, or whatever...). They're pains to start with, and it's not just food, it's always a challenge to deal with them, period.

There is such a huge difference between "being offered" and "being pushed".
  • Cyliesmom
    Cyliesmom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just say no thanks, offer no explanation, and walk away, and offer sincere birthday wishes or whatever to the person being honoured. I think sometimes providing a reason, such as I am trying to eat healthy, or I am allergic or whatever just opens the door for a discussion....not something I want to engage in.