Feeling hungry, finding it hard lately to not eat more

My weight is 139, I would not mind getting down to 135 but my weight seems to go down then up then back down, making no progress.
I think I am losing motivation plus I feel hungry all the time. Here is what I have eaten for breakfast and lunch: my breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 piece of high fiber toast, 1/2 cup All Bran cereal with skim milk - couple of hours later I am getting hungry. Lunch is: 1 1/2 pieces of toast with natural peanut butter, 2 cups of tomato soup, raw veggies then again an hour or 2 later getting hungry...so then I find myself snacking all afternoon untildinner. I noticed because I am feeling hungry I am developing tendency to want to binge lately ...please advise on what I can change TIA

Replies

• mlpirk
    mlpirk Posts: 2 Member
    Maybe try just maintaining at 139 for awhile and then see how you feel. A long period of feeling deprived is hard! Give yourself a maintenance break and maybe you’ll find the motivation to keep going.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited January 2021
    Are you vegetarian? For me, peanut butter is a splurge on calories for not much satisfaction. I could have a piece of chicken, salmon, or even lean steak for the calories of enough peanut butter for a sandwich and be much more satisfied. Everyone is different in what they find satisfying but this would have me eating my own arm before dinner too!

One option is to plan ahead for a snack in the late afternoon. 100 - 200 calories of whatever.

Some foods which work well for me are cottage cheese, Greek yogurt with berries and cacao powder, steel cuts oats with stewed apples. Lean meats. Beans or peas. Sweet potatoes.

I also find myself a lot hungrier in cold weather. No real advice there except to move more, which keeps you warm. Also it’s harder to snack while moving.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    kds10 wrote: »
    My weight is 139, I would not mind getting down to 135 but my weight seems to go down then up then back down, making no progress.
    I think I am losing motivation plus I feel hungry all the time. Here is what I have eaten for breakfast and lunch: my breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 piece of high fiber toast, 1/2 cup All Bran cereal with skim milk - couple of hours later I am getting hungry. Lunch is: 1 1/2 pieces of toast with natural peanut butter, 2 cups of tomato soup, raw veggies then again an hour or 2 later getting hungry...so then I find myself snacking all afternoon untildinner. I noticed because I am feeling hungry I am developing tendency to want to binge lately ...please advise on what I can change TIA

We are all different but for me eating breakfast means I am hungry all day so I do not eat until 2pm at the earliest.

Might be worth a try.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    You may find more protein more satiating.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    You are REALLY low protein. I used to eat like you - and get hungry like that. Try upping the protein some and see if it helps. I know there are eggs and pb in there but neither is particularly protein high. Like 20 grams for both eggs AND the peanut butter. Incidental amounts probably in the rest, but that is WELL under even the conservative recommendations.