New and Determined

StephReed8884
StephReed8884 Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there I am a young woman looking to become healthier, lose weight, and continue to regain my confidence level...have started my weight loss journey knowing there are going to be ups and downs, but I know that in the end it will be worth it!!! It is encouraging to know that I am not alone on this journey and I wish every success with their future goals/journeys.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Hello, and welcome to MFP!

There are a lot of friendly people here in the community, so don't be afraid to ask questions. You'll get a variety of opinions on most subject, but odds are good of getting at least a few that will suit your style.

Do you have some eating or exercise plans you're following, to help you along your path?

Wishing you much success here!
  • StephReed8884
    Hi there!!! I am just trying to eat 1200 calories a day while increasing my protein and vegetable intake. Also just trying to get more steps in each day as I have a job where I sit a lot...have been achieving my goal of drinking 8 cups of water a day which is good for the past 4 days now :). Not normally a water drinker...
  • StephReed8884
    How about you??? Do you have any eating plans or exercise goals you are working towards???
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    How about you??? Do you have any eating plans or exercise goals you are working towards???

Thanks for asking!

I'm in year 5 of maintaining a healthy weight, after about a year of loss, and a preceding 3 decades of obesity. For about the past year, I've been targeting ultra slowly (re-) losing a few vanity pounds within that healthy weight range. I'm down from the mid/high 130s (pounds) to mid-120s (at 5'5"), and it's been pretty painless going that slowly, honestly. I've had some indulgent days in there now and then, just going back to routine after. Results take a while to show up on the scale, but they do show up eventually, with patience.

This was (and still is) my approach to eating, FWIW:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Exercise-wise, I started being very active in my mid-40s, even while obese (I'm 65 now). I was even training and competing as an athlete while obese, for a time. I don't compete anymore (less interest), but am still active. I'm an on-water rower (as my most enjoyed thing - I'd do it even if it weren't good for me). It's normal for me to lower exercise volume in Winter (when the river here freezes solid), and waffle a bit about what exercise to do. It's mostly rowing machine, but it's not as fun as on-water, so I add other things, ideally. Right now, I'm in the normal waffling stage, but not too worried because I've been here before, and I eventually get stiff/cranky enough from under-activity that it spurs me to do *something* more. 😆

Sounds like you're on a good course! Keep it manageable, slow and steady, and you're en route to success!
  • StephReed8884
    Wow thank you for sharing your journey, appreciate it and wish you well in the future!!! Thanks for the advice!!! Yeah, am just taking it one day at a time...