Starting over after a long time away

I lost track of using this app/site for quite a while. During that time I was totally off course with my food intake. I entered my food from the last two days and was horrified! I definitely need to be here. I need to re-learn how to eat a more healthful diet.
Anyone else starting over? Or even just starting for the first time?
I'd love to be motivated by others who are in same spot as me.
My doctor would say that I need to lose 50 lbs. I'm aiming for a starting goal of 20 lbs. Once I reach that, I'll aim for another 20 and see how I feel after that.

Replies

• cearnold2020
    cearnold2020 Posts: 5 Member
    Welcome Back 😃
    I have come back to this app for the umpteenth time and would love to support you. I'm also aiming for 50lb loss (hopefully more afterwards, but let's start with 50)
    We got this!
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Same boat here— welcome back! I’ll send a friend request
  • torb1006
    torb1006 Posts: 1 Member
    Same here! I have been really watching what i eat since the start of the year. stopped getting fast food. however, i need to really track everything. so i am back after maybe 7 years off!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    I'm not returning, I've been using the site to keep in touch with other users and use the forum but I have regained over the course of the last year after losing about 40lbs and maintaining it for 18 months. So I am working on it again, although this time around having worked through some Binge Eating self-help stuff and finding other ways of dealing with work stress so that I might keep it off longer in future.
  • jmbfit4me
    jmbfit4me Posts: 5 Member
    Hi there! I've been away for a few years...yes, years. I've lost, I've gained, I've lost again...and gained again...I've tried everything and the thing I HATE MOST is tracking my food intake...and so that's why I'm here. I know for sure that unless I hold myself accountable, I will most likely never reach a healthy weight. I would like to motivate while I receive motivation, so please feel free to include me in your support circles.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    jmbfit4me wrote: »
    Hi there! I've been away for a few years...yes, years. I've lost, I've gained, I've lost again...and gained again...I've tried everything and the thing I HATE MOST is tracking my food intake...and so that's why I'm here. I know for sure that unless I hold myself accountable, I will most likely never reach a healthy weight. I would like to motivate while I receive motivation, so please feel free to include me in your support circles.

Well I guess even if you hate tracking your food intake, if you don't your body will. Sucks but it's true.

• SouthWestLondon
    SouthWestLondon Posts: 134 Member
    Not returning but a newbie. Have been using MFP for two weeks. I struggle to see how I would have done this in 'normal life' when I'm eating out or grazing (I know that's an argument for controlling my grazing habits and making healthier choices when I eat out).

But while everything is locked down that doesn't arise. I've been working from home since March will probably continue that for another four or five months at least. So this is my window to measure and track and get back on course. Aiming to lose about 60lbs, but if I can lose about 40lbs I'll be reasonably happy and can re-evaluate then.
  • Sully8331
    Sully8331 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Shelly, Welcome back. I myself just rejoined and started tracking. I took an entire year off from exercise and healthy eating. It shows!!! lol Have to loose 50 lbs, Stay the course, Ready, set, Gooo!!!!
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 137 Member
    I am coming back tomorrow. Have been here on and off for a long time. Being in lockdown is really getting to me as am an emotional and boredom eater. I manage to do Zoom Yoga and Zumba 5 days a week. My problem is keeping hunger at bay. Seems that I am always hungry even after eating a full meal. Would love to stay the course this time.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I just started back myself, been logging my food for just a couple days.
    I'm going to target 50lbs off, then reassess.
  • airmidthehealer
    airmidthehealer Posts: 18 Member
    I am starting again after a long time away, too. Tomorrow will be my first day back.
  • voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Tinkerbellan83, I’m with you. I hate logging my food too. I haven’t been on MFP for 9 years and it shows! I am at the heaviest weight I’ve ever been. I want to loose 30 pounds, so here I am. I NEED accountability! Hope I can do this as I’ve tried so many times and failed. 😳. Good luck everyone!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Hi there, same here! Starting again but actually feel ready this time - physically and mentally lol.
    At the heaviest I’ve been in my adult life 🙈 and looking to lose 30-40 lbs.
    Hopefully I can be of some suppose if anyone needs it, feel free to add me 😁 thanks.
    Lindsey (UK)
  • GreyGirl915
    GreyGirl915 Posts: 63 Member
    Hi, I started back in December after having a physical checkup and getting on the scale OMG. Forgot I had this app and how helpful it is so I started using it to lose 40 lbs. Would love to hang with like minded friends. 🤗 feel free to add me.
  • Hey , everyone. Just started yesterday. Drinking water and letting go of the bad habits of unhealthy food.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Right there with ya! Back again, only older, heavier, and with worse knees. Starting the logging in the morning. Now off to bed to get up early for my first run in months.
  • kirstyvdk1
    kirstyvdk1 Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2021
    Also starting back after a while! Turned out I was only 1 kg lighter than when I started :open_mouth: Here we go again! I have 20kg to lose - no time like the present! I will send a request to you.
    Kirsty (Australia)
  • idabudrocks
    idabudrocks Posts: 3 Member
    Hello...I'm starting again after being gone for A long time...too long. It definitely helps to track your food to see how many calories you are consuming. When I got on a digital scale again it was pretty depressing to see the weight I was at when I was pregnant 31 years ago! Oh heck no! Time to start doing something about it.