Anyone doing or has done Insanity 20-25 years of age??

Options
2»

Replies

• Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, and I will be done with Insanity this week!! For those just starting, do yourself a favor and take measurements and progress pics!! I would get so wrapped up in the scale not budging as much as I wanted, when actually significant changes were in my progress pics, endurance, and inches lost. Don't let the scale be your only measure of success.

I agree with a previous post about watching your form of each exercise. Especially with the jumps and moves like the push-up jacks. It is not worth injuring yourself just because you want to keep up with them.
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    may look into doing this in the future after i finish JM, just wondering is it primarily cardio/strength or an all round mixture? :) i've heard people have got amazing results from this.
  • ForLife365
    Options
    I'm 20 years old and am coming up to my last week of insanity, some of my tips would be:

-don't focus on the scale, it can be disheartening to see no movement in weight when you're working out that hard but definitely take before measurements and that, along with massive fitness improvements, is where you'll notice the real difference

-if you can't do certain moves, modify them, I struggled with a lot of the push up type movements but changed them up a bit so I was still working the same area but without hurting myself, as long as you are doing your best the improvements will come

-take rests when you need to, if your form is starting to suffer take a break like Shaun T tells you to, it's better to do fewer of each movement but to do them correctly than to do loads without proper form and risk injuring yourself and having to stop altogether, plus, the form they suggest will also be what's important for developing a strong core.

Good luck to everyone who's doing insanity, feel free to add me for motivation or message me any questions :)
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Do any of you doing insanity have a beachbody coach?? I did inanity a few months ago, great program!!! I am currently almost finished with week 3 of T25...love that it is only 25 minutes!!! but every bit as good of a workout as insanity was. I am a beachbody coach and run challenge support groups to help motivate and keep you accountable if anyone needs a coach let me know. I have a new one starting next week! follow me on Facebook katy atkinson fitness
  • ssavage76
    ssavage76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Working on week seven now! Took a week off so I could recover from am ear infection but now I'm back in business :)
  • jasmine_2393
    Options
    Im 20 and im on week 4. If anyone wants to add me please do im in need of friends who do insanity who can help motivate me!! I still dont see any improvements on my body. The only thing is i have more endurance but still cant finish a whole workout with out pausing it or just givi g up from being worn out. :/ i would like to hear about how others are doing though :)
  • desand32
    desand32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too dis also, I've lost 26lbs so far. I tried insanity a couple of times and yes it is hard, I couldn't keep up. I've had success doing cardio and eating 1700 calories aday. Some days I eat more, I'm hungry right now lol
This discussion has been closed.