TIP: Skip 10 minutes before leaving the office

Options
Not sure who can do this but it's my new guilty pleasure. Mom life can be demanding and workouts are hard to squeeze in so my new ritual is changing at the office and skipping rope for 10 minutes before heading home. I do 50 sec on, 10-sec rest 10 times, and am on my way :) For those who can do it it's awesome! Gotta fit movement in when you can :)

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    We had a PT instructor in college that made us skip.......it's hard work and even in my youth left me gasping for air. I might just add some to my work out routine.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Agreed! A "Jumpuary" challenge was posted by an MFPer but it seems I may be the only person doing it 🤷🏿‍♀️ It's 10 min of skipping, 6 days a week.

Current interval is 35 seconds of jumping and 15 seconds of break.

I listen to music, skip to the beat and try to extend past the last minute just to see how long I can go without tripping.

Wouldn't say it's fun but it's not boring. Also, at 10 min, it's great as a strength training workout finisher.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    It's the best.

But you don't actually need a rope. Just get up and boxer step for 4 min. It will work.