Food Ideas Before An Evening Tournament

Options
Anabirgite
Anabirgite Posts: 503 Member
edited January 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
I will be playing in a 6PM pickleball tournament for the next 10 weeks. Any ideas what to eat for dinner before- I probably will not eat afterwards. I also think should not be too heavy a meal, will be running around pretty vigorously.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I would personally eat dinner afterwards. There's no way I would want much of anything in my stomach beforehand. I always looked forward to my evening meal after sport back when I did such things...I was also pretty hungry after a sporting event. I used to want to gnaw my arm off after evening track and field meets.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I do best with fruit (apple or banana)and nuts before, and then a meal after. Why no meal after?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    I'd eat a suitable meal after, too. If I needed a pick-me-up beforehand, it could be pretty situation specific. (I don't know what the rest of your day is like.) I don't do well with intense activity fasted, so I might do an apple or Ezekiel pita with peanut butter plus maybe some kefir, a Greek yogurt, or something like that, if it'd been quite a while since the last meal. If I've eaten more recently, sometimes I just have one of those applesauce pouches, some chocolate milk, or even some quick-carb candy right before the workout.
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Thank, you for your suggestions. I have noticed since I gave up snacking at night I have had reduced heartburn so that was why I was hesitant to eat after. I had no idea when I I would get home, I did arrived home at 9:30 and went to bed at my usual 10:30. I did, after reading your comments last night, have a small bowl of granola and milk. I did have a light dinner at 4:30, salmon patties and fried eggs. We won all our games.