MFP is calculating my macros incredibly wrong. Help?

MFP has always seemed pretty accurate... until yesterday and today when I started using it again after not using it for a while. Now, I'm not a math wizard but these numbers were wrong enough that I noticed. Carbs 36g, fat 87g, protein 123g. MFP says that the carbs are 10%, fat is 55%, and protein is 35%, and I know 123 is more than 87. So I put it in an excel sheet and pie graph, and sure enough it is way off. Carbs should say 14.6% (or 15 if it needs to round), fat should be 35.4% (35), and protein should say 50%.

This is way WAY off, and is incorrectly showing that I'm eating a larger percentage of fat than protein, which could have been a huge problem if I hadn't noticed it. Is this a glitch or have the settings changed and I need to fix them? What is happening?

Replies

• TigerFawn
    TigerFawn Posts: 2 Member
    Is there a way to switch it in the settings? I don't want to calculate the calories per gram, I want to track my grams of each catagory so I know my ratios are correct.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Almost always ratios are given based on total cals (as MFP does), not based on grams. You could do the math to figure it out, but what's the goal here?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    TigerFawn wrote: »
    Is there a way to switch it in the settings? I don't want to calculate the calories per gram, I want to track my grams of each catagory so I know my ratios are correct.

Macro tracking by grams is a Premium (paid) option.

Not worth paying for for me though, I simply set the percentages to be a rough equivalent of my minimum protein goal in grams in the Daily Nutrition Goals.