Gastritis, diet and exercise - no hunger

Hi there everyone!

It's been now 7 days that I restarted dieting and working out, and I noticed that my hunger suddenly dropped. Right after I exercise (I'm doing about 40 min. weight training per day every day), I don't feel hunger. At all. I get to eat my protein bar like 1 hour after the training session, but then I don't feel like eating anything until dinner time (just the thought of eating makes me sick, and I've always been a food lover).. Is it normal? Did this happen to any of you?

Plus, I have reflux and gastritis and other stomach problems, but my heartburns diminished the last 3 or 4 days.. oõ..

Anyone going through the same?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I frequently have no hunger after swimming., Or I'll crave something salty right when I get out, and then 5 Pringles later I really don't want to eat again for several hours
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited January 2021
    Common food related triggers of reflux include, but aren't limited to:

Too much food
    Spicy food
    Deep fried foods
    High fat meats and dairy
    Chocolate
    High fat sweets like baked goods
    Citrus
    Tomato
    Mint
    Coffee/tea/caffeine
    Carbonated drinks
    Alcohol
    Cooked and/or raw veggies, esp onion, garlic and bell peppers
    Black pepper

If you made changes to your diet that include any of the above you might see a drop in reflux symptoms.

Also, people who have obesity related reflux often have improvements from weight loss, but obviously that takes more than a week.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Exercise always dulls my hunger. Give me an hour and I will be famished.
  • Kaysmile012015
    Kaysmile012015 Posts: 68 Member
    Ummm what kind of Protein bars do you eat? I kinda have the opposite issue and maby the protein bar is keeping you full, if so do you mind giving the brand?
  • Erachma
    Erachma Posts: 17 Member
    Ummm what kind of Protein bars do you eat? I kinda have the opposite issue and maby the protein bar is keeping you full, if so do you mind giving the brand?

I live in Brazil, so I don't know if the brand exists where you live. It's a vegan protein bar called Harts Vegana - it has a considerable amount of carbs also, not just protein