Trying to better my life

Options
Hi Everyone my name is Kristin and I've been here a few times and always seem to fall off but when Jan hit I really wanted to stick with it so my first thing I did was cut any kinda of soda out and I havent had one in 3 weeks and I've been cutting out rice bread and any kinda of potoaoes and havent had any for almost 2 weeks and am eating really clean and nothing seems to be coming off and I cant go to the gym or workout cause of 3 months out from ankle surgery and doctor hasnt given me the clear to do that! Does anyone have any tips on what I can do better to get the weight off?

Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    If weight loss is a goal then you will want to get a food scale and weigh your portions. Good for you on giving up soda, rice, bread and potatoes. What are you eating in their place? I did the same thing in March and swapped them out for water, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, radishes , cucumbers and celery along with whole fruits. But for weight loss had to weigh my food, log it in MFP and follow the guided calorie set up.

You don't need to exercise to lose weight but it makes it easier to be in a calorie deficit. If you want to exercise then try walking, doing beginner youtube videos or have your doctor refer you to a physical therapist.

Track your calories through two menstrual cycles, then tweak your calories, activity or both after that time period. Water weight fluctuations can easily hide fat loss. Sodium, hormones, muscle soreness, food weight can all hide the number on the scale. Just give fat loss time and continue to eat in a deficit. Best wishes to you on your health journey.
  • kristinutvols
    kristinutvols Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I'm eating like quinoa rice and cauliflower rice and non diary yogurt (LAVA) and using ezekiel bread (once a week) and I really dont know if those are good replacements are not! I snack on blueberries and things like that and grainless granola and I really dont know if that is good or not and I really cant find a place that tells me what is good and not! I stay away from anything with sugar in it! I'm trying to do carbs and I feel like keto is too hard when Im on the go all the time
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    v0x8ns3obr57.jpg