Not hitting weight loss target

Options
I lost some weight then plateaud for a month, two weeks ago, changed things up and have had good results, so I set a new 9 week plan (an event), however I'm not hitting my targets and I'm cursing myself.
What do you do in these circumstances

Replies

• AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That sucks. - But hey, no matter if you reach your target weight in 9 weeks or not you will go to that event thinner than you started out.

Honestly, I simply don't tell myself I have to have lost x kg by y time. I do have a rough idea about when I can expect to reach x kg, but I don't stress out if my journey is slower for a while or get overly exited when things suddenly move really fast. - This is not a race. I am not competing against anybody else. The important thing is that I WILL reach my goals. Not that I reach them as fast as possible.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way ... if I stick to the plan for x weeks, I might lose some weight. But I don't have an amount of weight I might lose in mind because ... who knows!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your target is too aggressive? Without more information--I can't say.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    It is aggressive, it is based on 2/3rds of what I've lost in the last two weeks.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »
    It is aggressive, it is based on 2/3rds of what I've lost in the last two weeks.

Well, you asked what others would do....I'd slow down, do something manageable, and stop cursing.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    I don’t do scale goals other than try to have a loss for the week. The calendar is not a weight loss tool.

The problem with the schedule is it turns weight loss success into failure. I’m maintaining now but like everyone else, when losing, I had to deal with the weekly loss of only .2lbs. After careful consideration I concluded that a loss of .2 lbs is a clear sign of success. And if I let my brain sell me on the idea that success was failure then I was lost as to the entire project.

Try to make goals about your process. Like logging everything for a week or a month. Hitting a walking goal. Planning a menu and doing the shopping and food prep. Weight loss is the byproduct of sound process.

Even if you do 100% of everything correct, you cannot control the scale. As a friend says- we eventually get the weigh in we deserve. When we will get it is unknown. Trying to map out a plan based on what happens over 2 weeks is not enough time build on. This takes a long view and substantial persistence. If you’re losing anything, it’s working. Don’t mess with success.