Options
mtre
mtre Posts: 2 Member
Hello everyone!! Feel free at add me. Need accountability and motivation 😁

Replies

• chughley44
    chughley44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I need the same. Pleased to meet you.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    ]If you're looking for a group of supportive people to travel along with you on your journey, think about joining the group "Lose a Pound a Week and Keep It Off."

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2021
  • AnonymouslyFree
    AnonymouslyFree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    First off, hi everyone. :) I'm new to this and need some help and / or pointers for my new journey. A little background info on me. I am a 35 yr old female, no kids and just started getting serious about my weight loss this year. I am not on any social media platforms but am thinking I could use some encouragement here..This introvert needs some healthy-minded friends!... I want to be completely honest. I was pretty muscular and fit in high school (cheerleading-flyer) and hated how strong I looked even though I was healthy. I'm only 5'0 so any weight or muscle on me makes me look huge in my eyes. 50lbs on a short person looks like 100lbs. Anyway, after highschool I started not eating and loved the way I looked. Before you criticize, I KNOW THIS IS NOT A HEALTHY WAY OF THINKING. So for starving and loving my body for most of my 20's, I made a change when I turned 30. I got a serious boyfriend who loved me regardless and I started eating. Whatever I wanted. Whenever I wanted. I over did it, big time. Here I am 5 years later, 50 lbs heavier missing my 110lb frame even if I got there completely the wrong way. I made up my mind to lose the weight naturally, with diet and exercise and this will be the first time I am approaching losing weight in a healthy way. I realized today, I need support, I need someone to encourage me and let me bounce ideas and questions off of. I started calorie counting and light exercise on Jan 4th and as of today, I've lost 10lbs!! I know I'm doing something right but still have cravings and feel guilt when I have a cheat meal. I'm still learning this app, but please reach out if your looking for a friend to help encourage you as well. I'm serious about my health this time and something feels different. Here's to everyone on here trying to better themselves the right way!! You have inspired me.
  • kaycoes
    kaycoes Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Anonymouslyfree. Short girl here too, but you still got s few inches on me...lol.. 4ft 9 at my highest...lol
    So I definitely understand how just a little bit of extra stuff looks like a heck of a lot! Good luck on your journey!