need motivation:(((

Options
HI, MY NAME IS CHRISTINE. I AM ABOUT 114 POUNDS FROM MY IDEAL WEIGHT. IVE LOST 35 POUNDS SOFAR AND ITS BEEN REALLY EASY. WELL NOW ITS NOT. MY GRANDMOTHER DIED AND ITS BEEN REALLY HARD ON ME. WE WERE REALLY CLOSE. I HAVE BEEN EMOTIONALLY EATING AND JUST LAYING AROUND. I HAVENT GAINED ANY WEIGHT BUT I DONT WANT TO STAYLIKE THIS. EVERYTIME I WORKOUT OR WALK THE TRACK AT THE PARK I FEEL GREAT. IM ALWAYS IN A MUCH BETTER MOOD. ITS JUST HARD FOR ME TO GET UP AND DO SOMETHING. IDK...

Replies

• suzyanne
    suzyanne Posts: 50
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about your grandmother. Don't let it get the best of you though. You need to pick yourself up and move forward..don't give up on yourself! I'm sure your grandma would say the same..and I'm sure she's proud of you! Be proud of yourself and what you've managed to accomplish so far. Keep going! You can do it!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey Christine! I'm very sorry about your loss. But know you can definately do this! You don't have to let your emotions take over. Focus on being strong and healthy to carry yourself through the tough times. I know sometimes exercising isn't the first thing I want to do, but like you, I know I'll feel so much better once I get my workout in! Just getting started is the hardest part - after that the time will pass fast and it's over and out of the way before you know it. You just gotta put your workout clothes on and do it. Congrats on the 35 you've already lost!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm not the best at giving motivation... so sorry for that. First off I'm sorry for your loss. I recently lost my grandmother as well.

With that said, I'm sure your grandmother would want you to be happy and healthy. So if nothing else, remember that as a push to get you going. It's hard to take those first steps but once you do you'll feel so much better.

Good luck to you, and congrats on the 35 you've already lost.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Is there a grief support group in your area or someone else trained to counsel during these really hard times in someone's life that you could speak to? It might help. When my dad passed away two years back, I was in a similar place where it was difficult to make myself do anything. I spent some time speaking with one of the priests at my church who was trained in grief-counseling, and he really helped me to feel more assured that the process that I was going through was normal. I'm generally a very introverted, non-chatty person so it felt strange to speak so openly about my emotions with somebody, but in the end it really was helpful and reassuring.
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That is so hard to deal with. Congratulations on what you have already accomplished and for seeing what you need to do. I understand completely. I emotionally ate myself into depression last year when I lost my dad and a close friend in 2 days. I know it is hard to get motivated right now, but you know you do feel better when you do some exercise, so make a plan and do it. It really will help you deal with the loss and help you feel better about yourself at the same time. If you were close, then your grandmother was proud of your efforts and would not want to see you stop. Do it for her as well as for you.