Achieved nice Glutes..willing to Share tips& secrets

Options
Hi, im going to start weight lifting next week, and I need tips on what to do to get the nicest glute aesthetics I have visible glute muscles currently (and I did nothing), what can I do (intentionally) to nurture and mold my existing glutes to their max potential, in the past I've freestyle, or done some of whatever throwing whatever at the wall type thing. I don't have any strength or bulking goals I actually dislike muscle, I only care about aesthetics
which I hear comes from muscle.
And
-Im open to other types of exercises to achieve perfect glutes too, So definitely feel free to Share anything you feel that helped you achieve yours,.. OUTSIDE of GENETICS since obviously i can't be rebirth by your parents:)

Replies

• Kaysmile012015
    Kaysmile012015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Update..Seeing the turnout of this thread decided to hire a trainer; Im thinking perfect glute Tips are worth paying for since folks either, don't have
    them, and/or aren't willing to share them:) Wish me luck, i may be willing to post my tips depending on how nice my results turnout, I know im not the only one wanting a perfect tush. Be well ✌
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Hi, im going to start weight lifting next week, and I need tips on what to do to get the nicest glute aesthetics I have visible glute muscles currently (and I did nothing), what can I do (intentionally) to nurture and mold my existing glutes to their max potential, in the past I've freestyle, or done some of whatever throwing whatever at the wall type thing. I don't have any strength or bulking goals I actually dislike muscle, I only care about aesthetics
    which I hear comes from muscle.
    And
    -Im open to other types of exercises to achieve perfect glutes too, So definitely feel free to Share anything you feel that helped you achieve yours,.. OUTSIDE of GENETICS since obviously i can't be rebirth by your parents:)

So what do you attribute your nice glutes. if not weight lifting? Are yiu a long time participant in an explosive sport?
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Check out Bret Contreras on Instagram, He also has a couple of programs/books largely geared towards building the booty. Glute Lab is his most recent, but his older program, Strong Curves, has a tremendous following and many, many people have had great results. He also has a program called Booty by Bret if you want coaching (sort of) directly from the glute man himself.
  • Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend Bret. He has his book Glute lab and his Instagram, bear in mind he’s kind of an *kitten* though.
    Also I like Mark Carrol Lon Instagram and Lauren Simpson for Glute stuff they are all very knowledgeable.

For growing glutes you need to be targeting the muscle using a hypertrophy training program while implementing progress overload (increasing weight, reps, time under tension etc) while consuming enough calories and protein.

A few other things are to make sure you are activating your glutes in your lifts, I like to do a band activation warm up before hand to get them firing.

Stretch your quads and hip flexors. These muscles get very tight due to sitting and being inactive and can inhibit Glute recruitment.

Hit the glutes from different angles using a thrust/bridge, squat or kneee dominant movement, deadlift or hip extension, and abduction movements with every lower body workout.