Faster and stronger in 2021

Back on mfp with some serious goals for the year. Run 3,500 miles, 2:40 marathon, and strength training 5 times a week. Looking for accountability partners and people looking to push themselves further everyday. Wanting to connect with people that chase their goals hard everyday. I’m good with my current weight, just looking to get faster and stronger every day 💪🏻💪🏻 Looking to follow people for strength training workouts to help get faster and stronger 🏋🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️

Replies

• quievala
    quievala Posts: 6 Member
    Good luck!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Those are some inspiring goals! I’m with you on the 5x week strength training, but noping out on the running. 😂 #powerlifter
  • MikeRunsDaily
    MikeRunsDaily Posts: 20 Member
    Those are some inspiring goals! I’m with you on the 5x week strength training, but noping out on the running. 😂 #powerlifter
    @quiksylver296 that makes sense to become a power lifter. Good luck. I know lifting 5 times a week will help us both get closer to our goals.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Back on mfp with some serious goals for the year. Run 3,500 miles, 2:40 marathon, and strength training 5 times a week. Looking for accountability partners and people looking to push themselves further everyday. Wanting to connect with people that chase their goals hard everyday. I’m good with my current weight, just looking to get faster and stronger every day 💪🏻💪🏻 Looking to follow people for strength training workouts to help get faster and stronger 🏋🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️

I admire your goals, but I wonder if.its too much. As a long time triathlete, I've found that endurance goals and strength training goals often don't mix very well. Often, you have to be willing to compromise progress in one for progress in the other.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

Sounds like a recipe for a burnout. Maybe focus on one goal at time and design routine to met that Goan and so on?
  • MikeRunsDaily
    MikeRunsDaily Posts: 20 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Sounds like a recipe for a burnout. Maybe focus on one goal at time and design routine to met that Goan and so on?

@ndj1979 There's some truth to it. I already adjusted my miles goal down from 4,000 miles for the year based on my body not being able to take the increase. Still looking to see how close I can get. Not going to pretend it's going to be easy.