I need meal prep for vegetarian ideas!

Help I need 1200 cal a day vegetarian meal prep. Love to see pics and ideas

Replies

• elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    1290 cal here. I downloaded the Tasty app. Nice easy curries and a good lentil bolognese are things I've made so far. Made nice desserts too... A lot of items serve 6 or 8 so you can freeze portions if you're not cooking for a crowd.

I eat a lot of quorn too, drink full fat milk and put lots of veg on my plate.

Lastly tins of beans and lentils are super cheap and require minimal time cooking.

I realise a lot of this isn't exactly what you asked for but I hope it was helpful!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    I've been using the free version of mealime and have found a lot of good recipes. I also have found quite a few recipes from ohsheglows.
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    I'm whole food plant based with no oil and even then I can't be that low in calories without losing in nutrients.
    Sorry I can't help, good luck in your research.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am a bit " out of the box" in my methods sometimes but these are random pics from a few things I tried. I am now WFPB and vegan. I started WFPB about 17 years ago. There are a plethora of websites, recipes and groups you can Google. I make my foods from ideas that are easy and fast.
    Top ingrediants are leafy greens, cruciferous veggies? Tofu, nuts, seeds, plant based dips, GF tamari, sea greens, plant cheeses, tempeh, lemons, shiritaki, dark lettuce, plant protein powders, pea protein and other vegetables.

dcstn2479u0n.jpg
    8waytr4c7l0l.jpg
    jrr1eby6czjt.jpg
    bjvtqjfoq5ay.jpg
    gqk0783sunma.jpg
    gd2t557dam58.jpg
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Yum
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Every week I make a pot of veg soup to have for lunches.

Easy, cheap, filling and the options are endless.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Here's one you could consider, if you like structured meal plans: https://www.eatthismuch.com/

It has a free option that lets you set calories and style (including vegetarian as an option), but there are also premium features. There are recipes with photos.

At the other extreme, if you don't like structured meal plans, here's a process-oriented approach you could use to gradually remodel your eating to achieve your calorie, satiation, nutritional, enjoyment, and practicality needs:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Because I don't like restrictions and rules, I did that latter one to lose 50+ pounds (and maintain a healthy weight for 5 years since) as a vegetarian.

Best wishes!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Indo lots of crockpot veggie stews, curries, and chili and baked casseroles. I typically cook one big "prep" batch of something on the weekend, then freeze the majority of it in portions. Slice the casserole into 8-12 servings then freeze 6-10 of them individually overnight on a cookie sheet covered with a plastic cutting board then toss in a gallon freezer bag the next morning . For crockpot meals, again, I'll keep out a few servings to eat through the week, but freeze the rest in my silicon muffin baking pan where each "muffin well" holds 1/4 cup. The frozen "pucks" go in a gallon freezer bag the next morning.

Doing this once a week over time has given me a freezer full of a great variety of yummy home-cooked meals that are good for me and that I can pull out and microwave and serve with a salad in a hurry on weeknights when I get home late and am in no mood to cook :-)
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Every week I make a pot of veg soup to have for lunches.

Easy, cheap, filling and the options are endless.

That is a great idea. Do you have a link to any good recipes you use?