Skinny cheeks?

Anyone worry their wrinkles will show more when their face is thinner?

Replies

• joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Yup.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited January 2021
    Loose skin is a thing, but if you wait 18 months, it improves (plastic surgeons will tell you this). I also have an IRL pal who lost 7.5 stone (105 lbs or 48 kg) and she waited 18 months, only her legs seem to have the most loose skin, her face, arms and even belly are pretty awesome now....I have loose skin on belly (two adult kids, so preggo twice) at 46 and I have not lost shed loads, but will wait it out....
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Not so much my cheeks, but my neck! When I lost weight and an extra chin or two, what remained were a whole lot of wrinkles on my neck
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Unfortunately, I have noticed my nasolabial fold wrinkles after I lost about 8 pounds (Marionette lines, I think they're called). I'm 44 and do take good care of my skin, but unfortunately in my late teens and part of my 20's didn't so much. Even though part of me thinks "I wonder if I could lose 5 more pounds" (though well within the healthy weight range for me), the other part doesn't want those wrinkles to show up more! It is a trade-off, and wouldn't gain the weight back just to try to gain a bit more fat there. I have looked into injections there, but as I'm not working as much right now that's not really in the budget. The treatments I use are retinol, glycolic acid (alternating) and hyaluronic acid and I believe it's helping some, as well as time.
  • Sailor555
    Sailor555 Posts: 45 Member
    I have been reading about how collagen supplements (taken within reason) can help with skin elasticity after losing a significant amount of weight. As others have noted here, it also just takes time for your body/skin to respond. Good skin habits like using sunscreen, regular moisturizing, and keeping your water intake up are also probably helpful.
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 119 Member
    Lotion while you lose. That's what I'm doing because I am concerned with potential wrinkles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!