So let me get this straight....

Options
2»

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    The calories in x calories out thing really doesn't work. I know. I'm bloody frustrated.

....Yeah no.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    pay 25-50 bucks and get your metabolic raye tested, most hospitals do it.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    rate
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    The calories in x calories out thing really doesn't work. I know. I'm bloody frustrated.

Yeah because
    tumblr_mc41p2wq8R1rihef7o1_500.gif
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I can't say anything except I've gone through several seemingly long periods when I didn't seem to make progress which was frustrating. Fortunately, I usually kept my head and told myself to be patient and focus on today. Stick to my goals every day. And I always came through and sometimes dropped a lot weight in a hurry after that. I hope that happens to you but can't be sure, obviously. Good luck!
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    In about 3 months I've gone from a 27.5 inch waist to 24.5, 22.5 inch thighs to 19.7 inches, my hips went from 35 to 32 inches, my chest from 34 to 32

The scale hasn't budged and my arms have actually gotten bigger (weirdly thin 9 inches around to 10.5 but that's from intentional lifting and I prefer it this way)

So anyway point is my weight is the same but I have more muscle definition and less body fat. I've never had my BF officially tested but I am leaner and more toned and I don't follow as strict of a weight lifting schedule as you seem to because i focus much more on LD running in the warmer months with 2-3 days of light to moderate lifting thrown in...

Point is the scale is stupid and really means nothing in terms of getting fit. I also pretty much eat at maintenance with the way everything averages out at the end of the week maybe only a few hundred under but I've lost weight nonetheless (I log and eat back exercise calories)
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    If all of this is new these past few weeks, then yeah, starting to lift is going to change things for you. I did the same thing and saw no loss for probably a few months. I think you're likely putting on some muscle now, which is initially going to slow down the weight loss, but help you later.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Weigh all your food. Keep in mind also that most TDEE calculators overestimate what your activity is like. I workout with weights twice a week and walk every day for 1 to 2 hours, and I have to put 'lightly active' to be close to my real TDEE (I use a fitbit).
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Dear lord, if op took all the advice in this thread, her program would be totally manic. Although I would agree that resistance training should be at the center of anyone's exercise program if the goal is to look good.

The reality is simple. Your perception of effort is huge right now, because it takes a large portion of your willpower to get it done. Therefore your expectation of results is quite high. But let me assure you, this is JUST the beginning, and what you think of as a huge lift right now will become your normal routine if you keep building the habit. Looking for results two weeks in is a sign you are on the road to failure, and you need a course correction. This isn't as easy as getting fat, and if only quick results will satisfy you, you are in for major disappointment. Forget about the scale and focus on your behavioral patterns.

Keep in mind, your willpower and calorie consumption are somewhat linked. People who are successful at this figure out ways to be patient and not try to lose weight as quickly as possible, because they understand everything is a trade off. If you overeat, you get stronger but fatter. Under eat, you get leaner but weaker in body and spirit. Get it just right, and you GRADUALLY lean out while building healthy habits FOR LIFE.