Prediabetes + PCOS and hunger

Options
I'm a life long yo yoer and want to make this the last time I have a significant amount of weight to loose. I have PCOS, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and a recent diagnosis of prediabetes. I have cut carbs down but the level of hunger is almost unbearable. I have increased my protein but I don't eat meat (just fish) and have cut out cheese and eggs because of my cholesterol and weight so the range of protein is quite slim. Just wondering if there is anyone here who has some of, or the same ailments that can offer some advice of how the hell I can feel more satisfied after a meal, preferably without eating meat. Prior to this diagnosis I was on a soup and smoothie fast (which I was quite satisfied on), but all the carbs mount up and I now need more protein and healthy fats to balance things out.

Replies

• gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not your enemy. Diabetes type 2 is caused by insuline resistance. Basically your cells are full of fat and insuline cannot make the sugar get into the cells, so it goes into bloodstream.
    Look into a book called mastering diabetes. That way of eating will also take care of blood pressure and cholesterol.
  • Kaysmile012015
    Kaysmile012015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yep, I was exactly where you are, about a year ago, Pcos, pre diabetic..I did the same thing cut carbs and sugar, eventhough im mostly plantbase, It was ok except I had hunger pangs that felt like my stomach was being twisted inside, I wasn't satisfied with meals, I increased my fats but my body hates oils, and fats. I couldnt do low carb (just can't) Fast fwd, im losing weight I feel satisfied and good after I eat no blood sugar issues or crashes; What did I do? I landed on Calorie Density diet, and I use stevia drops mostly to sweeten along w/maple syrup occasionally. I discovered that overt sugar makes my insulin levels spike then crash and it makes me super HUUUNGRY!!So I still eat whatever and count calories, I just shy away from overt sugar during the day unless I don't mind dealing with the crash &hunger. If you want an idea kinds of stuff I eat daily, I eat the same things
    ( so warning its BORING) but happy to tell you,
    ALSO at the time,
    I brought a non expensive($20) blood glucose meter,( eventhough I was not diabetic )to observe my blood sugar fluctuations, I didn't need it, but was nice to be on top of my sugar levels and health.