Success Stories

Options
I am a 25-year-old female who is currently 5'4", 243 lbs. I recently downloaded MyFitnessPal with the recommendation from my doctor and started using it on Christmas Day 2020. I had went to the ER for a lumbar strain in my back and when I was there, I found out I was 261 lbs. This was the HEAVIEST I've ever been in my life! So I knew I had to do something or my life would gradually get worse. I've been using this every single day to log my food and track my calories and so far it's really paying off. With the aid of 1,600 calories a day, Adipex, Garcinia Cambogia, and pretty much fasting from 6pm to 10am, I have lost 18 lbs in only 1 month! I am a little more energetic but I'm also very sedentary. I did go over my calorie limit quite a few times but ultimately, I don't really think that doing so would be a bad idea if you only do it a couple times a week. My weight goal for the end of the year is 200 lbs. At the rate I'm going, I could very well get down to 200 waaaaay before that! My second goal to meet when I'm down to 200 is 170. I haven't been under 200 lbs since 8th grade so that would be life-changing to see that number on the scale, or at least something below 200. My third phase of my weight goals is to reach a minimum of 150 lbs. Then from there, I will still continue to use this app to maintain my weight and not go near that 200lb+ mark EVER again! I feel great with already losing so much in only a short time frame. I've been in a war with my weight since high school so I can't wait to see what I look like when I'm not fat anymore. I am so humbled by the fact that I finally found a way to lose weight after trying so many times and failing to keep it off. I am very hopeful that this time I can be successful and gradually achieve a huge milestone of losing 93 more lbs. To the MyFitnessPal team and the creators, I wanna say thank you for changing my life! This is un-freakin-believable! 🤗🤗🤗

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    Usually it takes something like a dr visit to make us get with it. Proud of you, it is not easy but well worth it. You can do it, just discipline yourself and get support on here. I am your height and weight shows so much on us. But the good thing is it will be really noticeable when you lose it when you are this short.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    LOL. Doctor’s visit. Yup.

Stay mindful, and read the boards.

Weigh, log and record honestly.

Loss will slow down, but if you stick with it, you’ll become so invested in the process, that it doesn’t “feel” slower, if that makes sense. At the end of a year, you will look back and think it flew by, and you will feel like a new person.

Be sure to take progress photos and measurements. Sometimes our brains - and the scale- play tricks on us, and we become frustrated. Having a library of photos to go back to will help.

I have a hard time seeing the loss in the mirror, when I can see it in photos. Like they say, “photos never lie”.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!