Open diary

I am curious when people don't want an open diary. Embarrassed? I used to be but now I like to share and to see others to get ideas. If anyone has an open diary feel free to add me. Also if you just need some support 😁

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    some people are more self-conscious. There are a few (not many but a few) jerks who will criticize a persons food choices. some people find they are more honest in their logging if they are the only one who can see it. any number of reasons for a closed diary.

to each their own. The only time it bothers me is if someone is asking advice (I'm not losing weight!) and their diary is closed. in those cases I tell them that unless we see the diary, we can only give very generic advice and that you are likely eating more than you think you are.

I know mine is open to friends. it might be public, I don't recall. i keep meaning to check and make it so because I don't care what people think of my eating habits LMAO

feel free to add me.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Mine is public. I also rarely log on this site anymore. Better tools for me elsewhere.

I personally have no problem with people seeing what I eat and how many margaritas I drink. :drinker:
  • siyeonsimpp
    siyeonsimpp Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2021
    I keep mine open but I hate it when people point out that I undereat, if I eat any more I just gain weight and it's pointless.

For a long time I wasn't even tracking my calories, and *surprise surprise* I gained weight. Anyways feel free to look at my diary if you think it might help you in any way.