Hi guys!

Options
I have been using this app to count calories for years. I just learned about the community aspect of it. I would absolutely love some friends to help keep me accountable.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Community side. With chagrin, I have to admit, I'm kind of your opposite: I'm sort of useless on the friend side of MFP, but active in the Community forums.

Since you're new to this part, you might want to check out the "Motivation and Support" or "Challenges" parts of the Community. They're really good places to find and connect with people who might have similar goals or interests.

There's even this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176797/comment-here-if-you-want-more-friends/p1497

Hoping the Community can be a help to you in reaching your personal goals!
  • EliseSon
    EliseSon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel like the community side of this app is not very user friendly. I find it difficult to add friends. I saw that discussion to find more friends and I cannot figure out how to post to it!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    EliseSon wrote: »
    I feel like the community side of this app is not very user friendly. I find it difficult to add friends. I saw that discussion to find more friends and I cannot figure out how to post to it!

On either the app (phone, tablet) or the web, you should be able to go to the bottom of the page within the thread, and see a box that says "Reply" above and to the left of it. Type in that box whatever you want your message to be, and click/tap the "Post Reply" button that's below the type-in box, to the right. If you don't see those (box, buttons), that would sound like a problem with the app, that the MFP "Help" function would be able to assist with.

Hope that works!