Here we go again

Options
tiarajj1
tiarajj1 Posts: 30 Member
edited January 2021 in Getting Started
Microphone check ‼️

I come here today.. in desperate need of motivation. I miss the old me. So I’m back.. trying this weight loss adventure again. My issue is consistency, but one thing I never do is give up. So I’m hoping that you all will keep me encouraged. Today is my new beginning...

My day 1 ebkt9h0c2lab.jpeg

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I noticed that you have 50 friends: some people seem to want friends whether they are supportive or not.
    Since you are in desperate need, this is what I would do:

Delete those that have not logged in for months - that should reduce your friends down a lot - I noticed that a lot of these friends have not logged in for quite a months

Delete those that are not supportive - meaning those that do not comment on your diary or exercise

Take another look at those that are left and then decide which ones are more supportive to you and do another clean out.

This is my 2cents
  • tiarajj1
    tiarajj1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    tiarajj1 wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice!!

You are welcome
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    while i would delete those who are not active (I go through my list a few times a year and with very few exceptions delete the non active ones) I'd stop short of saying people that don't comment on closing a diary or doing a workout arent supportive. I don't comment, or at least very rarely do, on those automatic posts. But make a real status, and as long as I see it, I'll usually chime in. SO far my friends today have chatted about work, setting up a new treadmill, feeling good cause the scale went down, feeling bad cause the scale went up (or didn't move), pets, family, random selfies, random rants.... all kinds of things. And I commented on most of them. But don't ask me to know if they closed a diary or logged a workout in mfp. just as I don't expect them to like or comment on my automatic posts ;)