"You're Going to Like the Way You Look!"

Options
Hi. I am a 46-year-old social worker from Kentucky. I have lost 13 pounds so far, and my goal is to lose an additional 150-170 pounds, saying goodbye to the 300s and then goodbye to the 200s for once and for all. K have succeeded with significant weight loss in the past, so I know I can do this. I just have to stay motivated and stay the course. Another thing I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to is Kingsize Direct and other plus-size retailers. I am going to like the way I look in the brands and styles I choose.

I enjoy the usual things: listening to music, reading books, seeing movies, playing cards and boardgames. My weight loss strategy is to eat reasonable portions of yummy and healthy whole foods mostly, and eventually to add walking into the mix.

I am blessed to share my weight loss journey and all of life's journey with my wonderful wife and best friend. I am grateful to her for leading the way in reaching out to build community here on MFP.

I have a long way to go, but I know I can do it with a little help from my friends.

Replies

• SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I walk with Leslie Sansone in my house. She has a great 2 mile walk that gets the heart pumped up. You might want to consider that. It takes 1/2 hour to do the DVD and like I said, it's equivalent to 2 miles. But it's actually low impact aerobics because she has you doing walking, side steps, leg lifts, etc. She's great for when you first start out. Anyway, I'm glad we are friends and can motivate each other :bigsmile:
  • Becca_Smith1552
    Options
    Hi there! Congrats on your success so far... you're doing great!! :smile: I like your strategy... making small changes one at a time :smile:
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard...You can do this...I lost 20 before I started this and official have hit 50 pounds today. I still need to lose 100 more but I am on my way and you are started on the right path. I still eat good food and I work out in my living room to Sweating to the Oldies with Richard Simmons. I know that it is old but when you start at over 300 pounds you need something that is designed for fat people....YOU GOT THIS!
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    IrisRoseGingersnap Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I will check it out. A while ago we were doing a couple of dance-type dvds. They were fun routines, but we fell away for some reason.
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    Options
    Richard Simmons, OMG. That is awesome!
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I like the title of this thread! Here's to you and your continued success :drinker:
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a total of 100 to lose but my ticker says 70.Iwant to get down to 140-150.I too walk with Leslie Sansone and do the two mile walk..Lately I've been working many hours so I haven't done it often but plan to get back into a routine.Congrats on your sucess so far!
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I love your determination to keep on losing. As a person who has over 80 pounds to lose, I can relate to your journey.

I have tried WW at least twice, and while it works, it's very slow!!! I prefer my MFP, because it keeps the dieter honest.

TIP: When you want to go to one of your favorite restaurants, try logging in the meal you will eat a day ahead. Once you see how much your meal is worth, you can begin to make modifications to your order, i.e. switch meals or sides. For example, I tried this last weekend, and I ate out 2 days in a row. I watched what I ate the following week, and on weigh-in day, I had lost 3 pounds.
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi!

If you can, buy an elliptical. I got one for Mother's Day and it was the best thing I could have done! It makes me wnat to exercise because it's easy on my knees. Try one before and see if you like it. Good luck to you; you may add me as a friend.
  • OneWildAndPreciousLife
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome and good tips. I was able to find one of the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs at our public library, but will have to look harder for Richard Simmons. We had a good day and are now cooking supper and looking forward to a movie night with air-popped popcorn with judicious amounts of butter and salt. It seems I will be over today by 36 calories, but I thyink I can live with that.
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I forgot how much I love Sweatin to the Oldies!!! Number 3 was my favorite! Got to find my copy.
  • OneWildAndPreciousLife
    Options
    We did a great job today, babe.. Let's keep it up!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Break a sweat every day. Make it your religion. For me, any time at the gym or on the trail is time away from the call of the fridge.
  • t0urniquet
    Options
    Good job so far!! I am starting over again with tracking my food and exercise. I have over 100lbs to lose as well. I have often wanted to get Sweatin' to the Oldies to see if it would help haha...Mostly because it has to be fun to work out to. Anyways, good luck to you and your wife!! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I am always looking for motivation as well.