Is MIO okay to add to your water?

Options
I have a hard time drinking 70+ ounces of water daily unless it's flavored.

I found Mio - it's zero calories - water flavor additive.

Is that okay to add a squirt to all my water bottles (I drink five 20oz bottles daily) -- or does the artificial flavor or anything in it hurt my weight loss?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if you like it you can add it.

you don't have to drink tons of water to lose weight. i only drink water when I'm working out at the gym LOL

staying HYDRATED is important though. your urine color is the best indicator of whether or not you are hydrated. Theres a chart floating around here somewhere that gives details.

• Rannoch3908
    Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine eating something after drinking 70oz of water during the day.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Those have been really hard to find lately and I asked a guy working in the grocery store where they were and he said they were getting discontinued, not sure if that's true but if you like it stock up just in case 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    It's fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    You know you don't need to drink 100oz of water daily (5 x 20oz bottle, you said), necessarily, right?

Drink when you're thirsty. As long as your urine is pale straw-colored, you're fine. If you take more than you need of certain water-soluble vitamins, it may be bright yellow (almost safety-yellow color!), but it shouldn't be dark yellow or brown.

Water can help some people avoid appetite/cravings, but I don't know where the myth got started that we need huge amounts of water for weight loss. We do need hydration, but almost any liquid we drink (except alcohol) adds to hydration, as does the liquid in soups, stews, juicy fruits/veggies, etc. The more recent research even says coffee and tea count (they're more hydrating than diuretic, essentially).

People working out in the hot sun or something may need extra water, but most of us don't need to chug the stuff by the gallon, really.

And yes, it's fine to put Mio in it.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It would only hurt your weight loss if it was putting you way over your calories for the day. Since it's calorie free, though, nothing to worry about!