4 weeks to lose a stone?!?!?!

Options
I have 4 weeks to lose a stone! (14 pounds) (holiday of course)

Does anyone think this is possible or unrealistic?!!?

Any tips or advice?!?!

Thanks

Replies

• Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Is a stone 10lbs??? I keep hearing people saying stone and wondered...
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    a stone is 14lbs

I have lost half a stone in about 3 weeks and thats with ups and downs, i think if you really work hard you could do it. Really working youself with exercise and being really good with what you eat

but be careful because loosing weight quickly can be dangerous

xxxx
  • biggphatdaddy
    Options
    i dont see why it would be a big deal, 4 weeks with focus and steady exercise, i see more than a stone disappearing...
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    A stone = 14 lbs and honestly I would aim for maybe 8 lbs altho sometimes even that is difficult :drinker: I have tried lol have a holiday in 4 weeks too :wink:

My body is refusing to budge :grumble:
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If a stone is 14 pounds, that may be pushing it a bit. It's possible to lose 14 pounds in four weeks, but generally one of two things will be true--a good chunk of it is water or you've lost more fat than the body can safely process. But not by a lot and not for an extended period. I would advise you not to do it by starving yourself. Work out extra hard and try to continue eating healthy amounts of healthy foods, especially veggies and watery fruits, like melon.
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    I just had to read this because I had no idea what a stone is!
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Im a couple days short of 4 weeks and havent followed a strict diet, or work out regiment and have lost 11 lbs.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    It depends on how much you weigh to begin with as well...
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    14 lbs in a month, has been done, but how you do it could be very unhealthy, you aren't suppose to loose more than 2lbs a week so in 4 weeks that should put you at 8lbs. so be careful how you get there, and don't eat less than 1200 calories. Drink lots of water.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have 4 weeks to lose a stone! (14 pounds) (holiday of course)

Does anyone think this is possible or unrealistic?!!?

Any tips or advice?!?!

Thanks

It is completely possible to lose a stone in four weeks at the beginning of a weight loss programme, so it all depends how long you have been at this. If however, you have been trying to lose weight for severyal weeks, you may find it extremely difficult to lose anywhere near that. Weight loss slows to 1-2lbs per week on average after approximately three weeks.

If you are just about to begin it, then you could lose it by being very strict and sticking to your allotted calories and not going over, no cheating, no "treats" as all treats are going to do is either make you crave them or of course, add on to the calories per day. Stay away from alcohol for the four weeks and make sure you exercise at least three to four times per week.

Walk everywhere that you can, climb stairs instead of taking elevators. The more effort you make when you move about the more calories burn off.

Most important too, start immediately, don't say "I'll start next Wednesday" or something like that, the quicker you start, the more chance you give yourself.

Weigh and measure yourself at the beginning and then once per week, don't be tempted to jump on the scales every five minutes, the body naturally fluctuates and it could make you feel disheartened if you get on the scales one time to find you have gone up a pound or two (this pound or two could disappear the next day I hasten to add).

Best of luck with your weight loss, rooting for you and really hoping you succeed for your holiday x :flowerforyou: