Any 45-50 year olds having to lose 80 lbs or more?

Options
13»

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,175 Member
    Options
    Nice meeting everyone! I'm 52 and have lost 61 pounds so far! I have 17 pounds to get to my goal weight which is 135! Plus I'm training for mr first half marathon! I've done about 6 5 k's so it's time to bump it up a notch! I've never been runner before but just love my mornings run! Feel free to add me also!
  • BaraKathleen
    Options
    Hello, I just joined Fitness Pal & am in the same boat. I finished 17 weeks with Weight Watchers & gained 4 pounds!! I hope that just maybe this avenue will help me & you to loose 80 pounds.
  • Glndgd63
    Glndgd63 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    50 year old trying to lose over 90 pounds. 10 down... 80+ to go. Also, diabetic, psoriatic arthritis which makes exercising difficult to impossible some days. I have two pekingese dogs (13 and 6) and 2 cats. I live in Florida. Would love to have more friends on this journey to talk to. Feel free to send me a message or add me.
  • cneff2003
    Options
    I'm 50 years old and joined mfp just this month. I want to lose 65lbs. to start, but really should lose more like 115lbs. I have been overweight most of my life and quite sedentary. I found mfp by searching for a free weight loss tracker. So far I really like it. I apparently have not been eating enough calories, so logging everything I eat has been eye opening. I have been walking and using an eliptical trainer for exercise. I could use some encouragement too. thanks. C.
  • Maureen214
    Maureen214 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like that this is such an active thread!! I can't believe how many more posts there have been since I posted this am. For those that have already lost 30 or 40 + pounds, what tips do you have. I'm learning hiw much I've messed up my metabolism by doing diets where I eat less than 1,000 cals or no carbs and lose 20-40 pounds quickly, but then slowly slip back and put that on plus ten more each time. So I see I need to actually eat 1400-1580 cals per day of a balanced diet and will slowly lose 1-1.5 pounds each week.
    Other ideas???
  • mikepvslady
    mikepvslady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great to know there is someone else out here just like me. I just joined recently, haven't seen any weight loss yet, feeling a bit discouraged. Didn't track at all last week, hard to get motovated.
  • Jimmy192120
    Options
    I would very much like to have a friend on my journey as well. I am not grossly obease, but I am obease according to the charts. I weighed in at my heaviest I was 224, I am down to 209 lbs all by myself I lost 14 lbs I am crazy happy. I am 54, married. Disabeled and trying to get my life back together. I sure could use a fitness friend.:bigsmile:
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me, I could use all the help I can get. 52 and gained weight back after good loss. It is soo much harder this time.
  • pdneedham
    Options
    I am 52 and 6 weeks into changing my life. Started at 297lb so far lost 6lbs with still a long way to go. Looking for support from fellow MFP'ers. Log in daily so anyone please feel free to add me.
  • Cruisevacation
    Options
    Well, I'm 58, and have over 100 lbs to lose. I joined mfp in June I think and almost immediately joined a 10 week slim down club. I'm happy to say it kept me mostly on the straight and narrow over the summer. Weekends are harder, camping with friends and having a few drinks my will power went out the window, but not completely. I'm down 20 odd lbs I think. Going on a month vacation in 2 weeks and eating in restaurants for the entire time will likely do me in, but for now.....I'm going to do my best.

I find that tracking my foods is the best way to lose....even when you go off course....write it down....be accountable.....WE CAN DO THIS......

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I log in daily...in fact several times a day......The more the merrier they say....LOL

Oh, and I live near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • beth50BY50
    beth50BY50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - Please add me. I will turn 50 in one year and am committed to loosing 50 lbs before I turn 50. I am good at recording my food during the week, but then end up blowing it every weekend.
This discussion has been closed.