Interesting foods have you added to the MFP database?

zenalasca
zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
I just noticed I had heaps of things I added to the database because there were times when I couldn't find something out of poor wording or because it just wasn't there, or because I was trying out a recipe and worked out the calories, or made a recipe of my own. Then I thought, what are other people's ideas?

So here's me first:

Common things that I added first:
Magnum - Chocolate Truffle

Foods I added (because no one else had):
Benefix Performance - Vitamins- B,c,calcium & Magnesium & Zinc (a good zero cal drink)

Candy (cause no sane person on a diet logs it)
Cadburys Star Bar - Confectionary (unmemorable)
Candylicious - Lolly cable (found at Animania NZ, had to email the company to get calorie info, they were nonplussed why I would want it if I was on a diet :laugh: )

Australian Vending machines
Cooks - Krunch! Peanut Bar (not worth the calories)
Cooks - Krunch! Popcorn Bar (not as bad as the peanut bar, but was surprised that something so common didn't have a listing)
Fontelle - Oven Baked Mini Meal- Roasted Almond (again, no one on diet tends to eat vending machine food)

Things not found in generic places
Cousin Bogie's - Deluxe Brioche (it's that brioche you find in Australian delis a lot)
Killinchy gold - Ghana peppermint icecream (only available in NZ supermarkets TT...but SOOO delicious)

Cafe food (that people generally choose generic options for)
Coffee Club - Thick Shake - Caramel (had to find info from a different website)
Max Brenner - Dark Mocha
Max Brenner- Benchmark Paterisserie - Babka (found out supplier and emailed them for nutrition info directly)

Meat (something usually underestimated when you choose the generic versions)
Economy - Pork Rasher (the cheap Aldi bacon. this was a lot of calories per serve!!)

Great finds
Fresh Approach - Pumpkin Soup (only 80 calories for the whole tub!!! I was surprised no one else had listed it)
Lollynauts - Dunk and Lick (simple lollies from Aldi, but since they are pure sugar, relatively low calories)

Asian sweets/foods
Glico - Winter Almond Chocolate (Japanese sweets. nice but too many calories!!)
Han-Sung - Squid Nugget (found at Asian Supermarkets, I had to find some Chinese/Korean words for nutritional amounts)
Ht - Bambambar (ice lolly common at Asian Supermarkets)
Laver - Laver crispy roll cracker (too many cals)

Weird things
Hot Can - Hot chocolate (instant hot chocolate in a can. sounded interesting, tasted crap)
IPF Foods - Meat deluxe baguette (food I got while on the train. yes, I try to be accurate where I can. and it helped the food had its own nutrition label with kJ that I converted into calories by timesing it by 0.23)

Recipes:
Australian Woman's Weekly Recipe - Chocolate coffee cream fancies (not really worth it...)
Big Oven recipe - Mom's cheesecake (okay...)
Big Oven user sgrishka - Peanut butter icing (delicious but a bad idea)
Coles - Coq Au Vin (No Wine, Pancetta or Sugar)
SparkRecipes - 150 calorie chocolate mousse (labour intensive)
Whole foods market recipe - Peach coconut freeze (dad had a blender and tons of peaches... that's the only reason)
Whole Foods Recipes - Chickpeas and Chorizo (good recipe)
Women's weekly - Chocolate wheaties (these recipe books actually have calorie info in them :D)

Recipes I created:
Agave chocolate butter
Various vegetable soups (with fried onion base and lots of pumpkin usually)
Microwave Chocolate Honey Pancake
Chocolate cheesecake (a product of my constant mixing and experimenting / cream and sugar binging)