Cosplay/Costumes and Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I would wait until it gets a little closer, even if you lose the 20pounds you're shooting for, you can't be certain *where* that weight will come off from....I like the wait and see approach
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Last night I was flipping channels and came across "Heroes of Cosplay" in SciFi. Interesting stuff :smile: , definitely will watch again.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain - I have been there with costumes. Explains why I was still sewing the sleeves on my wedding dress the night before the wedding.

At any rate, without seeing the construction of the actual costume, I would recommend sewing up the top (shoulder) seams, and working on any details that are not close to the sides, then - 2 weeks out from the event, sew up the sides, finish any details required there, and tweak the shoulders if necessary.

I've been costuming and competing for years, but stopped when the kids were born. I hope to get back to it soon.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wait until it gets closer, I made a skirt for my costume for gen con and by the time the convention rolled around it was way too large : /
  • Rachelphobia
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of your input!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of your input!

Don't forget to come back and share pictures of your costume when it's done!!