Low Sodium Recipes

Options
StashPotatoes
StashPotatoes Posts: 1 Member
Trying to watch my sodium intake, but it's in everything. What are some good low sodium recipes that aren't bland?

Replies

• cupcakeCravingsmom
    cupcakeCravingsmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Can use a alternative seasoning in your chicken to low sodium /no salt vegetables to other items.

Fresh Fish cooked has a natural salty taste add some fresh vegetables to items on the side. Theirs even saltines with no salt on top of them (green box at Walmart) 60 mg sodium in those.

Wheat thins that says “a hint of salt “ on the box . Good for a snack or on the side or even add avocado y meat on top of reduced or no salt crackers.

Fresh beans to tofu can be added to stuff lots of recipes out there just skip the salt in recipes use less/no salt items to make them.
    But watch sea salt it is still salt from the sea like all salts.

Seasonings without salt give flavor to homemade guacamole to spaghetti even to rice dishes to meats etc. examples
    pepper , mrs Dash to McCormick make salt free season all , other companies make salt free Mexican seasonings to chicken seasonings. Fresh garlic to different colored peppers (red bell pepper has a slight taste difference from yellow which tastes different than green bell peppers same goes for habanero to jalapeños), lemon juice to flavor,
    Mint to nutmegs, cinnamon to chili powders can be low to none read labels I use a lot of the Tone’s brand but there are some with even less sodium than 35mg

Barilla pasta - read labels I got a fettuccine it says 0 on salt just don’t add any while cooking it I don’t. Add homemade pasta sauce you make yourself or look for lowest or top with alternative toppings.

Watch labels can to package can say reduced sodium then you look at regular it is lower on some brands ! Not all but some of the popular brands do this a lot!

No sugar added apple pie to cherry filling I use great value 30 calories Walmart brand it is 10% heat it up place on some low fat low calories ice cream bam a treat. I even heat it up eat by itself or in a pie crust.

Snickers sugar free jelly to preserves are 0 mg salt they have black berry to blueberry 🫐- grape to strawberry. 10-25 calories

Lots of fun things you can do a alternative seasoning on a steak with some potatoes you cut open place some chives on a tab of low sodium margarine or butter have your favorite vegetables on the side your instantly in a restaurant type meal.

Fresh eggs 🍳 in Pam cooking spray or olive oil 0 mg sodium , some jasmine rice with alternative seasonings a little avocado to bell pepper or jalapeños on top give a burst of flavors can even add your meat drippings to it from steak or chicken the day before. A piece of meat with the meal .
  • cupcakeCravingsmom
    cupcakeCravingsmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    In a Pan take onion 🧅 if like bell pepper to other peppers brown them in water or Pam spray give a boost of flavors. Gives a huge flavor boost
  • thehumanpickle
    thehumanpickle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/low-sodium-recipes/

Maybe some of these will inspire you.
  • sailor789
    sailor789 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i eat a very low sodium diet, here is my favorite go to recipe site:

http://thedailydish.us/