Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

Options
I've recently returned after a long break, and I'm determined to stick with it this time. I need to do this for my health. I have to do this. However, I keep having a very odd problem that I'm having trouble dealing with.

I feel like I'm divided somehow. On one hand, I have a logical side. I know I'm doing just fine. I am losing weight and I'm making healthier choices. I take time to celebrate the small victories and I look forward to be a healthier me.

At the same time, there's this nagging little voice in the back of my mind that tells me I'm not doing good enough. It persaudes me to step on the scales at every opportunity and berates me if there's no progress - even if it's the second or third time I've weighed myself that day. It brings up every ignorant, hateful thing that's ever been said to me and plays them on an endless loop. It tells me that I'm not going to be able to succeed.

I ignore that voice, or at least I try to. I know a lot of this is mental and, if I get in my head that I'm going to fail, it will be a self-fulfilling prophesy. On some days, I'm successful in drowning out the negativity, but other days it comes back in full force.

Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have these issues everyday darling <3 But you can get through all these thoughts and listen to your logical side. Beat the negative with the positive!
  • liisa23
    liisa23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Those thoughts can be very normal when trying to lose weight, because losing weight is so much more of a mental challenge than anything. You may want to do some inner work and get to the root of why the weight was put on in the first place. Sounds to me like your "other side" is trying to keep you "safe and protected".