Starting over, and over

Options
Hi I'm Liz in California. As you can see I am starting all over again. I am a 73 year old grandma who is either 110 percent in control of 120 out of control especially when I am bored and the past year has sure been boring for many of us. Time to reach out and connect with others on the same journey.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Love the use of percentages! Welcome to the MFP forums, Liz in California!

What would make for a good connection for you?

For example, you can have "friends" and have private conversations about health and fitness, you can participate in active discussions in the main forums, or a mix of both!
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I am probably going to do both. Like many people I know what to do I just lack the motivation to do it. I do have one positive in that I don't get hungry so when I'm in control its easier to eat less but being in control is hard. Once I start on a good I like I don't stop until it's gone. Ugh you would think at my age I would have it figured out.
  • Meri2911
    Meri2911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz! I’m Meredith and I’m starting over too! You are the same age as my mom. I am 46 years old but will be 47 in a few months. I have certainly gained more weight over this past year. It’s good to make connections!
  • anawake13
    Options
    Thanks Meredth for your reply. Wishing you the best as you begin the journey. I think making connections will help in this time of isolation. Keep in touch.
  • anawake13
    Options
    First week down and many to go. I love 💘using MFP as it makes it so easy to take records to my nutritionist. Some friends think it's obsessive to write everything down, but for me it's the only thing that works. Every time I stop recording is when I get calorie amnesia and forget half of what I have shoved into my mouth! Bonus this week I have finally recovered from plantar fasciitis so can now get back to walking after 7 months of pain.