Complementary apps

Options
In addition to the app and smartwatch integrations MFP has, are there any other fitness and/or nutrition apps you use?

Call 'em out and mention the reason the combo works for you

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    8fit

I kept a Premium sub for 2020 which allowed me to cast all their workouts to my TV (with Google Chromecast). For 2021, I scaled back to a regular, freemium user so there's much fewer workout options.

Downside: searching/filtering for effective workouts is a chore. My tip to anyone else who wants to try 8fit is to take the 1-2 hours upfront to find workouts you think you'll like.
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Fitbit off someone on FB Marketplace 2 days ago, so Fitbit.

And this isn’t necessarily a weight loss thing, but I really like the app Mealime to find good recipes and make a grocery list for the week.

And for running - MapMyRun.
  • jh270593
    jh270593 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Libra to see weight loss trends
  • AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 98 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Happy Scale (for iPhone) - I actually paid the lifetime payment too, as a commitment to myself to ‘maintenance’ when I reach goal this time round (so I can track trends better this time round, and not have to lose it all over again!).

I have a cheap wrist tracker to track general step activity, sleep, and heart rate, but as I don’t use that data I’m not worried about accuracy, or linking it to MFP.
  • Er1017
    Er1017 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I second Libra!